Application Cycle: August 1 - November 1 for WSU Occupational Therapy class beginning the coming May.
Prior to applying to the WSU OT program, we suggest that you attend a General Information Meeting held the first Tuesday evening of each month at 6 p.m. at the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences building to learn about the Occupational Therapy program and have your questions addressed directly. Visit the General Information Meetings page to obtain more details. Meetings are held every month of the year for your convenience.
Admission requirements summary
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution before the start of WSU OT program in May
- 3.0 minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA
- 3.0 minimum prerequisite GPA
- 20 observation hours (within the last two years) with a registered occupational therapist (OTR) completed by the November 1 application deadline
- TOEFL score, if applicable, must be taken by September 30 the year of application year and the results must be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Application on or before the application deadline of November 1st. More information on the university TOEFL requirements can be found on the WSU Graduate Admissions Website here.
- Completed (submitted by November 1) and verified (by January 1) OTCAS application (The application is available August 1 - November 1). It is suggested that you complete before the deadline since verification can take 4-6 weeks.
- Completed online (by November 1) WSU Graduate Application, including submission of all required supplemental documents (The application will be available in May - apply for Spring/Summer term)
- Successful completion of an interview (if selected)
All deadlines noted on this website must be abided by in order to be considered for admission to the WSU OT program. Due to the highly competitive nature of admission to this program, successful completion of all admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
The occupational therapy program at Wayne State University participates in the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as OTCAS. The application will be available on August 1st. The deadline for applying is November 1st. Students applying through OTCAS should submit their application 6 weeks in advance of deadlines listed, as it can take OTCAS several weeks to verify your application. Unverified OTCAS applications are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. NOTE: PLEASE CHECK WITH OTCAS PERIODICALLY UNTIL YOU CONFIRM THAT (1) ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND (2) YOUR APPLICATION STATUS IS VERIFIED.
OTCAS has a team dedicated to helping applicants with the application process. Applicants are to direct all questions about the OTCAS application to the OTCAS Customer Service Team. The Customer Service information is listed below.
Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service contact information
Hours of operation
Monday through Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time)
When contacting via email, applicants should include their full name, CAS ID number and a detailed question.
P.O. Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471