Application Cycle: July 21-December 1 for WSU Occupational Therapy class beginning the following May.
Prior to applying to the WSU OT program, we suggest that you attend a WSU Applebaum Information Meeting held the first Tuesday evening of each month at 6 p.m. at the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences building to learn about the Occupational Therapy program and have your questions addressed directly. Visit the WSU Applebaum Information Meeting page to obtain more details. Meetings are held every month of the year for your convenience.
Admission requirements summary
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution before the start of WSU OT program in May
- 3.0 minimum GPA in the last 60 undergraduate credit hours
- 3.0 minimum science prerequisite GPA
- 20 observation hours (within the last two years) with a registered occupational therapist (OTR) completed by the December 1 application deadline. *Unable to meet this requirement due to COVID-19 restrictions? Click here to view an alternate option.
- TOEFL score, if applicable, must be taken by September 30 the year of application year and the results must be submitted with the Graduate Admissions Application. More information on the university TOEFL requirements can be found on the WSU Graduate Admissions website.
- Completed (submitted by December 1) and verified (by January 15) OTCAS application (The application is available July 21-December 1). Verification can take up to 6 weeks, so it is mandatory that you submit the application at least 6 weeks in advance.
- Completed online (at time of interview offer) WSU Graduate Application, including submission of all required supplemental documents (The application will be available in May; apply for Spring/Summer term)
- Successful completion of an interview (if selected)
Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
The occupational therapy program at Wayne State University participates in the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as OTCAS. The application will be available July of each year. The deadline for applying is December 1. Students applying through OTCAS should submit their application 6 weeks in advance of deadlines listed, as it can take OTCAS several weeks to verify your application. Unverified OTCAS applications are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. NOTE: PLEASE CHECK WITH OTCAS PERIODICALLY UNTIL YOU CONFIRM THAT (1) ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND (2) YOUR APPLICATION STATUS IS VERIFIED.
OTCAS has a team dedicated to helping applicants with the application process. Applicants are to direct all questions about the OTCAS application to the OTCAS Customer Service Team. The Customer Service information is listed below.
Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service contact information
Hours of operation
Monday through Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time)
When contacting via email, applicants should include their full name, CAS ID number and a detailed question.
P.O. Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471