Social justice in health care
The WSU Applebaum committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion aims to aggressively address the impact of structural racism on pharmacy and health sciences education, and to hold everyone in our college accountable for ensuring that the core values of diversity, equity and inclusion are conscientiously woven into the fabric of our community, our research and our educational experiences.
Enhancing the diversity of our academic community has been written into the college's Strategic Plan since 2013. Specifically, we aim to increase our recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students from underserved populations to better reflect the communities our alumni serve as health care professionals. Our objectives include:
- Increasing the number of applications for admission and acceptances into EACPHS from under-represented students in accordance with individual program strategic plans.
- Increasing the number of applications for admission and acceptances into undergraduate research experiences by under-represented students in accordance with individual program strategic plans.
- Identifying qualified students from underrepresented populations through collaboration with other Wayne State University programs.
- Pooling the expertise of college thought leaders and our Cultural Competence Committee to enhance student mentoring and recruitment.
- Increasing the number of global learning experiences for students in accordance with individual program strategic plans.
- Increasing the diversity of faculty and staff within the College to enhance learning and support services for students and the people we serve.
- Provost launches Wayne State Pathway to Faculty program
- Student pharmacist organizations commemorate World AIDS Day
- Support Wayne County Toys For Tots through EACPHS Holiday Giving by Wednesday, Dec. 15
- Anti-Infective Research Lab Fellow Graduate Jacinda Abdul-Mutakabbir honored with Warrior of Distinction Award for outstanding DEI efforts