Health education in the heart of Detroit
The Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (EACPHS) takes pride in educating and training students in a broad range of health and well-being disciplines that are relevant and growing in demand locally and globally. Here, the students can expect to receive the highest quality education. Our team of dedicated faculty and staff are committed to teaching students to become leaders amongst peers and in their profession. EACPHS is also attractive for its many strengths:
- We are located in the heart of an urban community and are uniquely positioned to work closely with leading hospitals in Southeast Michigan. At EACPHS, we offer opportunities to learn and train in diverse settings alongside some of the finest health care professionals. These hands-on experiences enhance learning and will set you apart from your peers.
- We prepare students for career paths in 11 different disciplines. Here you can train in Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Pathologists' Assistant, Forensic Investigations, Mortuary Sciences, Radiologic Technology, Radiation Therapy Technology, Clinical Laboratory Sciences or in Nurse Anesthesia. Regardless of the discipline, you will have a solid foundation to launch a successful career.
- Students are exposed to meaningful and important research which expands the depth and breadth of learning. Our team of faculty, scientists and clinicians conduct innovative research that is recognized both nationally and internationally. EACPHS has a history of research excellence and having the opportunity to experience and participate in this work greatly expands learning.
- EACPHS is committed to offering a first class student experience through enhanced teaching models, faculty, peer and alumni mentoring opportunities, access to technology, exposure to a strong alumni network throughout Southeast Michigan and beyond. Our alumni are distinguished members of the society and bring a wealth of information from their lifelong experience to help students build their own career paths of success and distinction.
- Our commitment to students extends beyond graduation. As a result, EACPHS students perform at the highest level on certification exams and are highly sought after in the job markets. Our employment rates are over 90%, and in many cases 100% for our programs.
Thank you for your interest in Wayne State University and the programs offered at the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.