Vision, mission and values
To achieve national recognition as a top ranked program in pharmaceutical sciences.
We are a multidisciplinary department providing expertise in the areas of drug discovery, development, and evaluation. We are dedicated to pursuing scholarship that creates new knowledge, to learning that disseminates and preserves knowledge, and to engagement that exchanges knowledge. Our mission is to:
- Provide an integrated, multidisciplinary education in the pharmaceutical sciences to students enrolled in our professional and graduate programs;
- Maintain innovative research programs in the pharmaceutical sciences which contribute to our understanding of the design, synthesis, delivery, disposition, action and safety of biologically active compounds;
- Serve as a resource of expertise to the university and the community at large.
Values and commitments
The department will champion and be led by values and commitments that define its character, principles, standards, and expectations of its members. They include the following:
- Fostering appreciation of the critical and unique contributions made by basic pharmaceutical sciences to the professional and graduate pharmacy programs and to the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Enhancing the scientific and professional communities within and beyond the university.
- Striving for excellence, through assessment and iterative quality improvement.
- Maintaining teaching and learning at the cutting edge of knowledge in our specializations.
- Promoting and serve as models of life-long learning.
- Championing collaboration and interdisciplinary learning and research.
- Contributing to an atmosphere that conveys respect and supports outstanding communication.
- Pledging to act with honesty and integrity, and adhere to the highest standards of professional behavior.
- Acting to make members, alumni, and observers proud of the quality of the department and its offerings.