Research and service
The following publications have appeared or have been accepted:
- Salinitri FD, Lobkovich AM, Crabtree BL, Wilhelm SM. Reliability and Validity of a Checklist to Evaluate Student Performance in a Problem-Based Learning Group. Am J Pharm Educ. 2019 Oct;83(8):6963. doi: 10.5688/ajpe6963.
- McConachie SM, Giuliano CA, Mohammad I, Kale-Pradhan PB. Adverse drug reactions in drug information databases: does presentation affect interpretation? J Med Libr Assoc. 2020 Jan;108(1):76-83. doi: 10.5195/jmla.2020.748.
- Anderson DR, Morgano GP, Bennett C, Dentali F, Francis CW, Garcia DA, Kahn SR, Rahman M, Rajasekhar A, Rogers FB, Smythe MA, Tikkinen KAO, Yates AJ, Baldeh T, Balduzzi S, Brożek JL, Ikobaltzeta IE, Johal H, Neumann I, Wiercioch W, Yepes-Nuñez JJ, Schünemann HJ, Dahm P. American Society of Hematology 2019 guidelines for management of venous thromboembolism: prevention of venous thromboembolism in surgical hospitalized patients. Blood Adv. 2019 Dec 10;3(23):3898-3944. doi: 10.1182/bloodadvances.2019000975.
- Dey S, Gudipati S, Giuliano C, Zervos MJ, Monk JM, Szubin R, Jorgensen SCJ, Sakoulas G, Berti AD. Reduced Production of Bacterial Membrane Vesicles Predicts Mortality in ST45/USA600 Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Bacteremia. Antibiotics (Basel). 2019 Dec 18;9(1). pii: E2. doi: 10.3390/antibiotics9010002.
- Jorgensen SCJ, Trinh TD, Zasowski EJ, Lagnf AM, Bhatia S, Melvin SM, Steed ME, Simon SP, Estrada SJ, Morrisette T, Claeys KC, Rosenberg JR, Davis SL, Rybak MJ. Real-World Experience With Ceftazidime-Avibactam for Multidrug-Resistant Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2019 Dec 6;6(12):ofz522. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofz522. eCollection 2019 Dec.
- Morrisette T, Kebriaei R, Lev KL, Morales S, Rybak MJ. Bacteriophage Therapeutics: A Primer for Clinicians on Phage-Antibiotic Combinations. Pharmacotherapy. 2019 Dec 24. doi: 10.1002/phar.2358.
- Takano C, Kuramochi Y, Seki M, Kim DW, Omagari D, Sasano M, Chang B, Ohnishi M, Kim EJ, Fuwa K, Kilgore PE, Hoshino T, Hayakawa S. Molecular serotype-specific identification of Streptococcus pneumoniae using loop-mediated isothermal amplification. Sci Rep. 2019 Dec 27;9(1):19823. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-56225-0.
- Chemtob S, Tutag Lehr V. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. In: Aranda JV, Vande Anker J, eds. Pediatric Pharmacology: Therapeutic Principles in Practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 2020.
- Chemtob S, Tutag Lehr V. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. In: Aranda JV, Vande Anker J, eds. Pediatric Pharmacology: Therapeutic Principles in Practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 2019 (under review).
- Tutag Lehr V, Lulic-Botica M, Potts G. Pediatric Topical Medications. In: Aranda JV, Vande Anker J, eds. Pediatric Pharmacology: Therapeutic Principles in Practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 2020.
- Hanni CM, Wilhelm SM, Korkis B, Petrovitch EA, Tsilimingras KV, McConachie SM. Therapeutic Enoxaparin in the Morbidly Obese Patient: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Hosp Pharm. 2019 Dec;54(6):371-377. doi: 10.1177/0018578718802839.
- Smythe MA, Parker D Jr, Garwood CL, Cuker A, Messé SR. Timing of Initiation of Oral Anticoagulation after Acute Ischemic Stroke in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Pharmacotherapy. 2019 Nov 7. doi: 10.1002/phar.2345.
- Margolis A, Giuliano C. Making the switch: From case studies to N-of-1 trials. Epilepsy Behav Rep. 2019 Oct 25;12:100336. doi: 10.1016/j.ebr.2019.100336.
- Burghardt KJ, HOwlett BH, Fer SM, Burghardt PR. A bibliometric analysis of the top 50 NIH-funded colleges of pharmacy using two databases. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy 2019.
The following awards have been presented:
- Dr. Linda Jaber was named Teacher of the Year for the P2s.
- Dr. Victoria Tutag-Lehr was named Teacher of the Year for the P3s.
- Dr. Sheila Wilhelm was named Teacher of the Year for the P4s.
The following grants have been awarded:
- El-Masri M, PI, Jaber L, Co-I. Examining the efficacy of a novel stress reduction training on the reversal of prediabetes: A feasibility study. Funded by BCBSM. $69,900.
- Tutag-Lehr V, Co-I. Pharmacists CARE Program in Dependence and Recovery.
- AmerisourceBergen 2019 Opioid Resource Grant Program (01/31/2020-02/01/2021) $79,849.00.
- Mohammad IN. Development of a PFCC Diabetes Peer Support Group. Beaumont Reach the Moon Project Award. $28,285.
The following leadership and service activities are reported:
- Dr. Victoria Tutag-Lehr has been appointed to the Michigan Overdose Action Stakeholders Group.
- Dr. Amber Lanae Martirosov is the Residency Director for the new PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency at Henry Ford Health System.
- Dr. Amber Lanae Martirosov was quoted in the APhA article: Asthma management just got a little more precise and personalized, December 2019.
The following presentations are reported:
- Martirosov AL, Lipari M, Hanni C. A Rundown of Recent Literature: New Biologic Therapies and Guideline Updates for Asthma Management. ASHP 2019 Midyear Clinical Meeting on Sunday, December 8
The following students are recognized:
- Jessica Andrews (P3), received the Michigan Pharmacists Association Foundation Scholarship.
Adjunct Faculty Accomplishments:
- Raub JN, Walker CL, White SJ, Editors. Letters from Pharmacy Preceptors: Pearls for Success. 2019; ASHP Publications, Bethesda, MD.