Why choose Wayne State's DPT program?
- Highly competitive admissions
- $1 million in scholarships awarded to Wayne State DPT students in the past 3 years
- 127 clinical education sites around the world
- 100% employment rate for 5+ years
- 1,300+ alumni working in 39 states
- Established 1966
|Year||Graduation Rate||First-Time Pass Rate||Ultimate Pass Rate||Employment Rate|
- Diverse and talented faculty with extensive research and teaching experiences.
- Smaller physical therapy class sizes as compared to most other PT programs in Michigan.
- Extensive research and clinical resources and opportunities.
- Located on the WSU medical campus and surrounded by one of the largest medical campuses in the country.
- The only PT program in Michigan located on the main campus of a university with the Carnegie Foundation's RU/VH (Research University, Very High research activity) and Community Engagement classifications.
- Access to extensive employment, entrepreneurial and community outreach opportunities in Detroit and suburban Detroit.
- Eligibility to take the physical therapy licensure examinations in the United States and Canada upon degree completion.
- Eligibility to obtain active membership in the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
Wayne State: A premier university in the heart of Detroit
As Michigan's only urban research university, Wayne State University is known for academic and research excellence, success across a diverse student body, and meaningful community engagement. Here are a few ways we stand out:
- More than $350 million awarded to WSU students annually in federal, state, institutional and private aid through scholarships, grants, loans and work-study programs.
- Significant opportunities for experiential learning and clinical practice at major health systems and urban community organizations within walking distance of campus.
- A partner with U-M and MSU in the University Research Corridor, which generates 95% of research in Michigan.
- Lowest undergraduate resident tuition among the state's three research universities.
- Ranked in the top 1.4% of universities worldwide.
- One of the nation's 50 largest public universities.
- Awarded the highest rankings for research and community engagement by the Carnegie Foundation.
- Offering a culturally rich, well-rounded, diverse educational experience in the heart of Detroit.
- More than 500 student organizations promoting camaraderie and hands-on experience beyond the classroom.