Results that make a difference
Welcome to the Clinical Laboratory Science program at Wayne State University! Located in one of the world's leading urban research universities, the program delivers a quality educational experience that helps students gain the knowledge and skills needed to excel in careers in the clinical laboratory. The program has a reputation for producing well-prepared health care professionals, and our graduates are in high demand.
- The three-year average for the American Society of Clinical Pathology Board of Certification Examination pass rate percentage for new graduates: 84%
- The three-year average graduation rate percentage: 100%
- The three-year average employment placement rate percentage: 100%
The WSU CLS program tracks and monitors the following outcomes as part of our continuous program assessment and improvement efforts.
| || || || |
| ||85%||80%||88%||80% *|
1 Percentage of students in the final half of the program who graduate on time.
2 Percentage of students who pass the national certification exam within one year after graduation.
3 Percentage of graduates who find employment in the field or who continue their education within one year of graduation.
* = final results pending
- CLS and nursing students practice interprofessional communication during collaborative event
- CLS students visit Beckman-Coulter instrumentation trailer
- More than 160 private scholarships awarded to WSU Applebaum students during Donors & Scholars events
- GALLERY: Health Sciences Donors & Scholars Luncheon
The Wayne State University Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS). The Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology program also has strong affiliations with health care providers in the metropolitan area.