SHS Student Travel Grant
- Must be currently enrolled* in one of the following Wayne State University Health Sciences programs:
- Mortuary Science
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Pathologist Assistant
- Physician Assistant
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Radiologic Technology
- Radiation Therapy Technologist
- Student must be in good academic standing and not on academic or professional probation.
- A student's request must be approved by the Program Director or faculty member of his/her specific program as part of the application process.
*Students may still apply to attend a conference, seminar or event that will occur post-graduation, if the event is no more than 90 days past graduation.
The number of awards possible, and available funds for each award will vary between programs. All applications are reviewed by committee members.
Expectations and application scoring rubrics are specific to each program. Download the Rubric (DOCX)
Complete or partial funding may be available for: hotel expense, airfare, registration fees, mileage and food.
SHS Student Travel Grant Application Form:
Letter of Intent Guidelines:
- Should be no more than 500 words
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12
- Should be written in professional language with proper grammar and spelling
- Should explain how the conference will benefit your academic or professional growth
- Should explain how the conference will benefit your program, profession and/or your community, if applicable
- Support how the conference will help in attainment of future goals and endeavors
Applications will be reviewed by the committee monthly.
Submit your application, letter of intent and proposed budget information no later than 30 days prior to the conference, seminar or event you are requesting funds to attend.
All travel funds will be allocated before August 1, 2018 and awarded before September 17, 2018.
Please submit SHS student travel application to your program's travel grant representative:
- OT: Heather Fritz
- PT: Marie Pepin and Tina Reid
- PAS: Jamie McQueen and Mary Jo Pilat
- NA: Prudentia Worth and Mary Walcyk
- RTT: Jeannetta Greer and Rosanne Keller
- RT: Sarah Borland
- PAA: Veralucia Mendes-Kramer
- CLS: Karen Apolloni
- Mortuary Science: Mark Evely
The title of the e-mail should be: SHS Student Travel Grant_ program. For example, SHS Student Travel Grant_ physical therapy
Please include in your application:
1-Completed SHS application form
2-Letter of intent
3-Documentation of the event you plan to attend
If required information and documents are incomplete, the application will not be reviewed.