Join the Translational Neuropsychopharmacology Lab
Postdoctoral fellowship available
We currently have a postdoctoral position available in the lab.
The initial postdoctoral fellow appointment will be for two years, with potential to renew. This position is funded by a fellowship from the Office of the Vice President of Research at WSU. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a recently (within the past two years) obtained doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.D., M.D./Ph.D.) in a relevant field (e.g., Neuroscience, Psychology, Biology) or comparable degree.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong evidence of technical experience in functional neuroimaging, including strong programming skills (Matlab, C++, Python, or equivalent programming language) is required.
- Experience designing and conducting Pavlovian fear conditioning studies and/or working with clinical populations of fear-based disorders (e.g., anxiety disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder) is highly desirable.
- Candidates are further required to have a strong record of research accomplishments and publications, including presentations of scientific results at national meetings and their publication in peer-reviewed journals, an ability to work in a team environment as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties will consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Designing, performing, and analyzing studies that investigate the role of the cannabinoid system in aversive learning and memory,
- Aiding, supervising, designing, and executing experiments pertaining to the lab’s area of research (emotion and posttraumatic stress disorder),
- Participating in the writing of manuscripts and grants,
- Presenting data at national and international meetings, and
- Assisting in the training of students.
The postdoctoral fellow will be expected to develop his/her own ideas within the scope of the lab.
Qualified candidates should submit their CV, the names of three references, and a cover letter summarizing current and future research interests by email to Dr. Rabinak at email@example.com.
Those interested in doing graduate work (Masters, Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.D.) or a postdoctoral fellowship in the lab should also email Dr. Rabinak at firstname.lastname@example.org.