Francine Dina Salinitri Pharm.D.
EACPHS, Room 4126
Associate Professor (clinical), Department of Pharmacy Practice
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Wayne State University, 2003
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, Wayne State University, 2001
- Bachelor of Science, University of Windsor, 2001
- Bachelor of Education, University of Windsor, 2001
- Pharmacy Nephrology Resident, Henry Ford Hospital, 2004
Positions and Employment
- Associate Professor (Clinical), Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 2014-present
- Clinical Pharmacy Nephrology Specialist, Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center (Dearborn, MI), 2004-present
- Assistant Professor (Clinical), Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 2004-2014
- American Association of College of Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacist Association
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Areas of Expertise
- Treatment of patients with diabetes and chronic kidney disease
- Problem-based learning
- Objective structured clinical examinations
- Moser L*, Berlie H, Salinitri FD, McCuistion M, Slaughter RL. Enhancing Academic Success by Creating a Community of Learners. Am J Pharm Educ. 2015;79(5):Article 70.
- Salinitri FD, Wilhelm S, Crabtree BL*. Facilitating Facilitators: Enhancing PBL through a structured facilitator development program. International Journal of Problem Based Learning. 2015;9(1): 72-82. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/1541-5015.1509.
- Pinelli NR*, Patel A, Salinitri FD. Co-Administration of liraglutide with tacrolimus in kidney transplant recipients: A case series. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(10):e171-172.
- Salinitri FD*, Pinelli NR, Martin ET, Jaber LA. Insulin sensitivity and secretion in Arab Americans with glucose intolerance. Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics. 2013;15(11): DOI: 10.1089/dia.2013.0045.
- Nemerovski CW*, Salinitri FD, Morbitzer K, Moser LR. Aspirin for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease events. Pharmacotherapy. 2012;32(11):1020-1035.
- Salinitri FD*, O???Connell ME, Garwood CL, Tutag-Lehr V, Abdallah K. An objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) to assess problem-based learning. Am J Pharm Educ. 2012;76(3):Article 44.
- Salinitri FD, Hsaiky L, Pinelli NR*. Hepatitis C virus infection complicated by kidney disease. Nephro-Urol Mon. 2011;3(4):308-9.
- Salinitri FD*, Desai N, Berlie H. Pharmacotherapeutic blood pressure management in a chronic kidney disease patient. AACN Adv Crit Care. 2009;20(3):205-215
- Salinitri FD*, Berlie H. Diabetes Management. In Hudson JQ, Mason DL eds. Nephrology Pharmacotherapy: A Pharmacist's Guide to Advanced Kidney Disease and Medication Management. Fresenius Medical Care, Inc; 2015. (in press)
- Wilpula E*, Salinitri FD. Module 2, Chapter 5: Foundations in Pharmacology and Clinical Applications in Nephrology Nursing. Pages 291-326. In American Nephrology Nurses Association, eds. The Core Curriculum for Nephrology Nursing, 6th edition. 2015.
- Berlie HD*, Salinitri FD. "Canagliflozin: A new agent and class for the treatment of type 2 diabetes" (update). In DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC, Matzke GR, Wells BG, Posey LM, eds. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2013.