Get your mandatory flu shot at WSU Applebaum Sept. 14-17, Oct. 12-14
As the US heads into influenza season with the novel coronavirus pandemic still raging, public health authorities stress that it’s more important than ever for all to receive a flu shot. Wayne State University’s Public Health Subcommittee, chaired by Interim Provost Laurie Clabo, urges all members of our campus community to get vaccinated against the flu this season. All students, faculty and staff who will be coming to campus are mandated by Wayne State University to get their flu vaccination by October 15, 2020.
The Campus Health Center will host flu clinics for all students, faculty and employees in the WSU Applebaum building at 259 Mack Ave. from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on September 14-17 and October 12-14.
Scheduling an appointment
Flu shots will be administered by appointment only. There will be no “walk in” appointments.
- To make an appointment for a flu shot at WSU Applebaum, book online or call 313-577-5041.
- Print and complete the required form to bring with you to your appointment.
The Campus Health Center (CHC) will provide flu shots to all WSU students at no out-of-pocket charge. This means they will bill insurance if you have it, but you will not be charged for anything that insurance doesn’t cover. If you do not have insurance, you will not be charged.
What to expect
When you arrive to the WSU Applebaum Flu Clinic:
- Bring a printed copy of the required form with you.
- Scan your Campus Daily Screener QR Code to enter the building.
- Check in at the Registration table located in the lower-level Commons.
- Bring your WSU OneCard and a government-issued ID (i.e. a driver’s license or passport). If you have a health insurance card, please bring it with you as well.
CHC is committed to adhering to COVID-19 university-wide policies and procedures. This includes sanitization between appointments, PPE worn by nursing staff and volunteers, and strict adherence to social distancing guidelines:
- You must wear a mask.
- You must complete the Campus Daily Screener prior to coming on campus and attending your appointment.
- You must sign up for an appointment slot online or by calling 313-577-5041 prior to attending your appointment.
- Please read the Flu Shot Q&A for details about the mandate and uploading your proof of vaccination.
If this you cannot attend the Applebaum Flu Clinic during the aforementioned times, please make an appointment at CHC by calling 313-577-5041 or booking online in the patient portal. The CHC is located at 5285 Anthony Wayne Drive and is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.