Assistant Professor (Research)
259 Mack Ave, Rm. 3607, Detroit, MI-48201.
Office Phone: 313-577-1711
Assistant Professor-research, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Scientific Member, Molecular Therapeutics (MT) Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute
Degrees and Certifications
Ph.D. in Chemistry/Therapeutic Development from CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India (2009-2014).
Master of Science in Chemistry (Major: organic chemistry, Minor: physical and inorganic chemistry) from Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India (2006-2008).
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (major), Mathematics and Physics (minor) from Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India (2003-2006).
Positions and Employment
05/2021-Present: Assistant Professor-research in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
12/2018-04/2021: Senior Research Scientist in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
11/2016-11/2018: Research Associate in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
11/2016-11/2018: Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Chemistry at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
Awards and Honors
Contribution in grant funding:
1. KC170244 (2018-2021) Department of Defense office of the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP), title: Tumor stroma-penetrating oligomicelles containing combination payload for reversal of drug resistance and immune modulation in kidney cancer.
2. 1R56AI151033-01 (2020-2021), NIH/ National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), title: Nano Antibiotic Delivery for Treating MRSA Infections.
3. WSU EACPHS FRAP (2021-2022). Alzheimer’s disease management using therapeutic delivery of ultra-small nanoparticles (USNPs) across the blood-brain barrier (BBB).
1. Ref.#1018752 (2018-2019) Burroughs Wellcome Fund (BWF) CRTG, title: program death-1 antibody-drug conjugate for chemo-guided immunotherapy of deadliest pancreatic cancer.
2. Michigan Translational Research and Commercialization (MTRAC) (2018-2019), title: Development and Evaluation of Lipid Formulations of Potent Antibiotics for Frontline Therapy of Superbug Infections.
Invited speaker at Wayne State University Postdoc Association (PDA) spotlight talk series, 2019.
Invited speaker at Wayne State University Research Day Symposia, 2019.
Travel award grant from Proteintech Company to attain American Association of Cancer Research (AACR-2018) meeting in Chicago.
Bio-Techne's Go Everywhere Travel Award grant to attain AACR-Honors:
2019 meeting in New Orleans.
Invited speaker for Proteintech company Webinar, 2018.
Outstanding reviewer award of Journal of Controlled Release, 2017.
Best poster award in Michigan Regional Postdoctoral Symposium, 2017.
Best poster award at Wayne State University Graduate and Postdoctoral Research, 2017.
5-year of full fellowship from the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India, to pursue Ph.D. (2009-2014).
Ranked top 5% in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-M.Sc. Examination, 2006.
External grant reviewers:
Health Research Council of New Zealand grants.
Science Fund of the Republic of Serbia.
Topic Associate Editor of Frontiers in Pharmacology.
Editorial board member of Precision Cancer Medicine, and Annals of Mutagenesis.
Journal Reviewer (ad-hoc):
Advanced Science, Frontiers in Immunology, Brain Research, Scientific Report, Journal of Controlled Release, ACS Applied Nano Materials, Expert Opinion On Therapeutic Targets, Frontiers in Pharmacology, Frontiers in Oncology; Plos One; Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, International Journal of Nanomedicine, Dove Medical Press; SN Comprehensive Clinical Medicine, Springer; Molecular Imaging, SAGE journals.
American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS).
American Association of Cancer Research (AACR).
The Controlled Release Society (CRS).
National Postdoctoral Association (NDA).
Areas of Expertise
Developing disease-selective small molecule, nanoparticles, and antibody-drug conjugates (ADC). Studying cellular, molecular, and immunomodulatory effect of drugs in cancer and Alzheimer's disease (AD).
Primary Research Interest
My research applies to (i) development of novel small molecule and nanoparticle drugs and studying their role in overcoming drug-resistance and reprogramming malfunctioned immune cells in a wide range of tumors, including pancreatic, lung, breast, and kidney cancers; (ii) developing brain-biomarker targeted nanoparticle for overcoming drug delivery obstacle and improving the cognitive response of Alzheimer's disease (AD), and (iii) developing potent antibiotics delivery system to improve therapeutic benefit of MRSA infection and minizing toxicity.
Research mentoring activities:
1. Mentoring for 2 Biomedical Career Advancement Program (BCAP) students in 2021.
2. Mentoring 1 Ph.D. student on the AD thesis project and 2 MS students’ thesis projects on pancreatic and kidney cancer projects at Wayne State University.
3. Mentored 3 Ph. D. and 3 MS students thesis projects on tumor-selective drug delivery and immunomodulation.
4. Mentored 2 BCAP students on the AD project in 2020.
3. Mentored 1 undergrad at Purdue University and 2 MS, 1 Ph. D students during my Ph. D at CSIR-IICT.
Total number of citations: 2325; h-index: 23; i10-index: 35. Source: Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=qJwjYccAAAAJ&view_op=list_works).
1. Hashem O. Alsaab#, Samaresh Sau * #, Rami M. Alzhrani, Vino T. Cheriyan, Lisa A. Polin, Ulka Vaishampayam, Arun K. Rishi*, Arun K. Iyer*. Tumor hypoxia directed multimodal nanotherapy for overcoming drug resistance in renal cell carcinoma and reprogramming macrophages. Biomaterials, 2018, 183, 280-294. (¥¥ highlighted in about 15 national and international news, EurekAlert, Phys.org, dBusiness, Wayne State University News). [*corresponding author, #equal first author].
2. Samaresh Sau, Rajkumar Banerjee. Cationic lipid-conjugated dexamethasone as a selective antitumor agent. European journal of medicinal chemistry, 2014, 83, 433-447.
3. M. Azizi, H D Moghadam, R Salehi, M Farshbaf, D Iyengar, Samaresh Sau, AK. Iyer, H Valizadeh, M Mehrmohammadi, and M R. Hamblin. Interactions Between Tumor Biology and Targeted Nanoplatforms for Imaging Applications. Advance Functional Materials, 03 March 2020, https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.201910402.
4. Samaresh Sau*, Hashem O. Alsaab, Bhise Ketki, Alzhrani Rami, Nabil Ghazal, Arun K. Iyer*. Multifunctional nanoparticles for cancer immunotherapy: A groundbreaking approach for reprogramming malfunctioned tumor environment. Journal of Controlled Release, 2018, 274, 24-34. (Impact Factor: 7.901). [*corresponding author].
5. Samaresh Sau, Pritha Agarwalla, Sudip Mukherjee, Indira Bag, Bojja Sreedhar, Manika Pal Bhadra, Chitta Ranjan Patra, Rajkumar Banerjee*. Cancer cell-selective promoter recognition accompanies antitumor effect by glucocorticoid receptor-targeted gold nanoparticle. Nanoscale, 2014, 6, 6745-6754.
6. Samaresh Sau *, Alex Petrovici, Hashem O. Alsaab, Ketki Bhise, AK. Iyer*. PDL-1 antibody drug conjugate for selective chemo-guided immune modulation of cancer. Cancers, 2019, 11(2), 232; https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers11020232. [*corresponding author].
7. Samaresh Sau *, Sujan Kumar Mondal, Sushil Kumar Kashaw, and Arun K Iyer, Rajkumar Banerjee, Combination of cationic dexamethasone derivative and stat3 inhibitors (wp1066) for aggressive melanoma: a strategy for repurposing phase 1 clinical trial drug. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, DOI 10.1007/s11010-017-3084-z. [*corresponding author, #equal first author].
8. Samaresh Sau, Hashem O Alsaab, Sushil Kumar Kashaw, Katyayani Tatiparti, Arun K Iyer. Advances in antibody–drug conjugates: A new era of targeted cancer therapy. Drug Discovery Today, 2017, 22, 1547-1556. (**Top 1% cited article in drug discovery, pharmacology, toxicology and pharmaceutics).
9. Samaresh Sau*, Katyayani Tatiparti, Hashem O. Alsaab, Sushil Kumar Kashaw, Arun K. Iyer* A tumor multicomponent targeting chemo-immune drug delivery system for reprograming the tumor microenvironment and personalized cancer therapy. Drug Discovery Today, 2018, 23, 1344-1356. [*corresponding author].
10. Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer Antibody Drug Conjugate: a New Era of Targeted Cancer Therapy, Ann Pharmacol. Pharm. 2017, 2(5): 1032.
11. Samaresh Sau*, Rami Alzhrani, Ketki Bhise, Hashem O Alsaab, Sushil K Kashaw & Arun K Iyer. Nanomaterials for tumor immunomodulation and overcoming current clinical challenges. Nanomedicine, vol. 14, no. 12, https://doi.org/10.2217/nnm-2019-0109. [*corresponding author].
12. Sudip Mukherjee#, Samaresh Sau#, Drurga Madhuri#, Vishnu S. Bollu, Kuncha Madhusudana, Bojja Sreedhar, Rajkumar Banerjee, Chitta Ranjan Patra. Green synthesis and characterization of monodispersed gold nanoparticles: toxicity study, delivery of doxorubicin and its bio-distribution in mouse model. Journal of biomedical nanotechnology, 2016, 12, 165-181.(**Top 1% citated article in medicine, pharmacology, toxicology and pharmaceutics).
13. Zhaoxian Wang#, Samaresh Sau#, Hashem O. Alsaab, Arun K. Iyer. CD44 directed nanomicellar payload delivery platform for selective anticancer effect and tumor specific imaging of triple negative breast cancer. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, 2018, ,14, 1441-1454. [#equal first author].
14. Katyayani Tatiparti#, Samaresh Sau* #, Kaustubh A. Gawde, and Arun K. Iyer. Copper-free ‘click’ chemistry-based synthesis and characterization of carbonic anhydrase-ix anchored albumin-paclitaxel nanoparticles for targeting tumor hypoxia. International Journal of Molecular Science, 2018, 19(3), 838. [*corresponding author, #equal first author].
15. Hashem Alsaab#, Samaresh Sau * #, Sushil K. Kashaw, Rami Alzhrani, Ketki Bhaise, Katyayani Tatiparti, Arun K. Iyer. PD-1 and PDL-1 pathway inhibition for cancer immunotherapy: mechanism, combinations and clinical outcome. Frontiers in Pharmacology, doi:10.3389/fphar.2017.00561. **(Top 1% cited article in Medicine, Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutics. Total citation of 807, article is widely used for Wikipedia reference, and referenced for training of oncology nurses). [*corresponding author, #equal contribution].
16. Duy Luong, Samaresh Sau, Prashant Kesharwani and Arun K. Iyer. Polyvalent folate-dendrimer-coated iron oxide theranostic nanoparticles for simultaneous magnetic resonance imaging and precise cancer cell targeting. Biomacromolecules, 2017, 18, 1197−1209.
17. Katyayani Tatiparti, Samaresh Sau, Sushil K Kashaw, Arun K. Iyer. siRNA delivery strategies: a comprehensive review of recent developments. Nanomaterials, 2017, 7(4), 77. ** (Top 10 most cited article of MDPI publishers).
18. Ketki Bhise, Samaresh Sau, Razieh Kebriaei, Seth A Rice, Kyle C Stamper, Hashem O Alsaab, Michael J Rybak, Arun K. Iyer. Combination of vancomycin and cefazolin lipid nanoparticles for overcoming antibiotic resistance of MRSA. Materials, 2018, 11, 1245; doi:10.3390/ma11071245.
19. Kaustubh Gawde, Samaresh Sau, Katyayani Tatiparti, Sushil K. Kashaw, Mohammad Mehrmohammadi, Asfar Azmi, Arun Iyer. Paclitaxel and Di-fluorinated Curcumin loaded in albumin nanoparticles for targeted synergistic combination therapy of ovarian and cervical cancers. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 167, 2018, 8-19.
20. Ketki Bhise, Samaresh Sau, Sushil K. Kashaw, Arun K. Iyer. Nanomedicine for cancer diagnosis and therapy: advancement, success and structure activity relationship. Therapeutic Delivery, 2017, 8, 1003–1018.
21. Katyayani Tatiparti, Samaresh Sau*, Mohd Ahmar Rauf, Arun K.Iyer. Smart treatment strategies for alleviating tauopathy and neuroinflammation to improve clinical outcome in Alzheimer's disease. Drug Discovery Today, 25, 12, 2020, 2110-2129. [* corresponding author].
22. R. Anjibabu, Samaresh Sau, B. Jagan Mohan Reddy, Rajkumar Banerjee, B.V. Subba Reddy*. Heteropoly acid catalyzed synthesis of 8-methyl-2-aryl/alkyl-3-oxabicyclo [3.3. 1] non-7-ene derivatives through (3, 5)-oxonium-ene reaction. Tetrahedron letters, 2013, 54, 7160-7163.
23. Katyayani Tatiparti, Samaresh Sau*, Mohd AhmarRauf, Arun K.Iyer. Smart treatment strategies for alleviating tauopathy and neuroinflammation to improve clinical outcome in Alzheimer's disease. Drug Discovery Today, 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2020.09.025
24. Subrata K. Pore, Anirban Ganguly, Samaresh Sau, K. K Rao, Ramesh Ummanni, S. Kotamraju, Rajkumar Banerjee*. N-end rule pathway inhibitor sensitizes cancer cells to antineoplastic agents by regulating XIAP and RAD21 protein expression. Journal Cellular Biochemistry, 2020;121:804-815.
25. Prashant Sahu, Sushil K Kashaw, Samaresh Sau*, Varun Kushwah, Sanyog Jain, Ram K Agrawal, Arun K Iyer. pH Responsive 5-Fluorouracil Loaded Biocompatible Nanogels For Topical Chemotherapy of Aggressive Melanoma. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2019, 174, 232-245. [* Corresponding author].
26. Prashant Sahu, Sushil K Kashaw, Samaresh Sau, Varun Kushwah, Sanyog Jain, Ram K Agrawal, Arun K Iyer. pH triggered and charge attracted nanogel for simultaneous evaluation of penetration and toxicity against skin cancer: In-vitro and ex-vivo study. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2019, 128, 740-751.
27. Shaimaa Yousef, Hashem O. Alsaab, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer. Development of asialoglycoprotein receptor directed nanoparticles for selective delivery of curcumin derivative to hepatocellular carcinoma. Heliyon, 4, 2018, e01071.
28. Kaustubh A. Gawde, Prashant Kesharwani, Samaresh Sau, Fazlul H. Sarkar, Subhash Padhye, Sushil K Kashaw, and Arun K Iyer*, Synthesis and characterization of folate decorated albumin bio-conjugate nanoparticles loaded with a synthetic curcumin difluorinated analogue. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 496, 2017, 290-299.
29. Ketki Bhise, Sushil Kumar Kashaw, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer. Nanostructured Lipid Carriers Employing Polyphenols as Anticancer Agents: Quality by Design (QbD) approach. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2017, 526, 506–515.
30. Ghazal Nabil, Ketki Bhise, Samaresh Sau, Mohamed Atef, Hossny A El-Banna, Arun K. Iyer*. Nanoengineered delivery systems for cancer imaging and therapy: recent advances, future directions and patent evaluation. Drug Discovery Today, 2019, 24, 462-491.
31. Prashant Sahu, Sushil K. Kashaw*, Samaresh Sau and Arun K Iyer. Biohybrid Nanogel: An Expanding Platform in Medicinal Era. Glob Journal of Nanomedicine 1(3): GJO.MS.ID.555564.
32. Katyayani Tatiparti, Mohd Ahmar Rauf, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer. A Biomimetic Drug Delivery System Targeting Tumor Hypoxia in Triple-Negative Breast Cancers. Applied Science, 2020, 10(3), 1075, https://doi.org/10.3390/app10031075.
33. Kushal Vanamala, Katyayani Tatiparti, Ketki Bhise, Samaresh Sau, Marc H.Scheetz, Michael J.Rybak, David Andes, Arun K.Iyer. Novel approaches for the treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: Using nanoparticles to overcome multidrug resistance. Drug Discovery Today, 26, 1, 2021, 31-43.
34. Katyayani Tatiparti, Mohd Ahmar Rauf, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer. Carbonic Anhydrase-IX Guided Albumin Nanoparticles for Hypoxia-mediated Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cell Killing and Imaging of Patient-derived Tumor. Molecules, 2020, 25(10), 2362.
35. Prashant Sahu, Sushil K Kashaw, Samaresh Sau, Varun Kushwah, Sanyog Jain, Arun K Iyer. Discovering pH triggered charge rebound surface modulated topical nanotherapy against aggressive skin papilloma. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 107, 2020, 110263.
36. Hashem Alsaab, Rami Alzhrani, Prashant Kesharwani, Samaresh Sau, Sai HS Boddu, Arun K. Iyer. Folate decorated nanomicelles loaded with a potent curcumin analogue for targeting retinoblastoma. Pharmaceutics, 2017, 9(2), 15. ¥(Front cover page).
37. Duy Luong, Prashant Kesharwani, Hashem O Alsaab, Samaresh Sau, Subhash Padhye, Fazlul H Sarkar, Arun Iyer. Folic acid conjugated polymeric micelles loaded with a curcumin difluorinated analog for targeting cervical and ovarian cancers. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 157, 490–502.
38. Prashant Sahu, Sushil K Kashaw, Sanyog Jain, Samaresh Sau and Arun K. Iyer, Development and assessment of penetration potential of pH stimuli double walled nanogel for the controlled delivery of 5- fluorouracil: Ex vivo and in-vitro evaluation. Journal of Controlled Release, 2017, 253, 122–136.
39. Priya Singh, Mitali Mishra, Shivangi Agarwal, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer, Sushil K. Kashaw. Exploring the role of water molecules in the ligand binding domain of PDE4B and PDE4D: Virtual screening based molecular docking of some active scaffolds. Current Computer-Aided Drug Design. DOI:10.2174/1573409914666181105153543.
40. Sushil K. Kashaw, Shivangi Agarwal, Mitali Mishra, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer. Molecular Docking Analysis of Caspase-3 Activators as Potential Anticancer Agents. Current Computer - Aided Drug Design, 15, 2019, 55-66.
41. Prashant Sahu, Sushil K. Kashaw*, Varun Kushwah, Samaresh Sau, Sayong Jain, Arun K Iyer. pH responsive biodegradable nanogels for sustained release of bleomycin. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2017, 25, 4595-4613.
42. Ghazal Nabil, Rami Alzhrani , Hashem O. Alsaab, Mohammed Atef, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer, Hossny El Banna. CD44 Targeted Nanomaterials for Treatment of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancers, 2021, 13, 898. https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers13040898.
43. Mohd. Ahmar Rauf, Mohammad Oves, Mohammad O. Ansari, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer Graphene Decorated Zinc oxide and Cucurmin to disinfect the Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Nanomaterials, 10 (5), 1004.
44. Rami Alzhrani, Hashem O.Alsaab, Alex Petrovici, Ketki Bhise, Kushal Vanamala, Samaresh Sau, Matthew J. Krinock, Arun K. Iyer. Improving the therapeutic efficiency of noncoding RNAs in cancers using targeted drug delivery systems. Drug Discovery Today, Volume 25, Issue 4, April 2020, Pages 718-730.
45. Shivangi Agarwal, Ekta Verma, Vivek Kumar, Namrita Lall, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer, Sushil K Kashaw*. An integrated computational approach of molecular dynamics simulations, receptor binding studies and pharmacophore mapping analysis in search of potent inhibitors against tuberculosis. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling, 83, 2018, 17-32.
46. Shreya Pawar, Tejaswi Koneru, Eva McCord, Katyayani Tatiparti, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer. LDL receptors and their role in targeted therapy for glioma: a review. Drug Discovery Today. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2021.02.008.
47. Almansoura Abdulrahman I, Arumugam Natarajan, Kumara Raju Suresh, Mahalingam SM, Samaresh Sau, Bianchinic Giulia, Menéndez J. Carlos, Altaf Mohammad, A. Ghabboure Hazem. Design, synthesis and antiproliferative activity of decarbonyl luotonin analogues. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2017, 138, 932-941.
48. Sushil K Kashaw, Prashant Sahu, Vaibhav Rajoriya, Pradeep Jana, Varsha Kashaw, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer. Exploring SiRNA umpired nanogels: a tale of barrier combating carrier. Current Pharmaceutical Design, DOI: 10.2174/1381612826666200417143800.
49. Vino T. Cheriyan, Hashem O. Alsaab, Sreeja Sekhar, Caitlin Stieber, Prashant Kesharwani, Samaresh Sau, Magesh Muthu, Lisa Polin, Edi Levi, Arun Iyer, A CARP-1 functional mimetic loaded vitamin E-TPGS micellar nano-formulation for inhibition of Renal Cell Carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017, 8, 104928-104945.
50. Vino Cheriyan, Hashem Alsaab, Sreeja Sekhar, Jaganathan Venkatesh, Arindam Mondal, Imran Vhora, Samaresh Sau, Magesh Muthu, Lisa Polin, Edi Levi, Gerold Bepler, Arun Iyer, Mandip Singh, Arun Rishi. A carp-1 functional mimetic compound is synergistic with braf-targeting in non-small cell lung cancers. Oncotarget. 2018, 9, 29680–29697.
51. Hashem O. Alsaab, Maha S. Alghamdi, Albatool S. Alotaibi, Rami Alzhrani, Fatimah Alwuthaynani, Yusuf S. Althobaiti, Atiah H. Almalki, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer. Progress in Clinical Trials of Photodynamic Therapy for Solid Tumors and the Role of Nanomedicine. Cancers, 2020, 12, 2793.
1. Samaresh Sau, Prashant Sahu, Sushil K. Kashaw, and Arun K. Iyer. Chapter title- Multitasking role of dendrimers: drug delivery and disease targeting. Book title- Nanomedicine for the treatment of disease from concept to application. ISBN-13: 978-0-42942-571-4.
2. Prashant Sahu, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer, Sushil K Kashaw. Chapter title- Nanogel: the emerging carrier in drug delivery system. Book title-Recent Trends in Nanomedicine and Tissue Engineering. ISBN-13: 978-8793609167, ISBN-10: 8793609167.
3. Ketki Bhise, Samaresh Sau, Rami Alzhrani, Arun K. Iyer. Chapter title: Nanoparticles for Immune Cell Reprogramming and Reengineering of Tumor Microenvironment. Book title: Cell Reprogramming for Immunotherapy. Methods in Molecular Biology, vol 2097. Humana, New York, NY.
4. Prashant Sahu, Sushil K Kashaw, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer, Chapter title-Progress and prospect of polymeric nanogel carrier design in targeted cancer therapy. Book title-Nanoparticles in polymer systems for biomedical applications. ISBN-1771887036, 9781771887038.
5. Hashem O. Alsaab, Rami Alzhrani, Atiah H. Almalki, Yusuf S. Althobaiti, Samaresh Sau, Arun K. Iyer. Chapter title-Imaging tools to enhance animal tumor models for cancer research and drug discovery. Book Title- Animal Models in Cancer Drug Discovery. ISBN: 978-0-12-814704-7.
1. Samaresh Sau, AK Iyer, HO Alsaab. Method of treatment for solid tumor containing hypoxia and/or stroma features: U.S. Patent Application No.PCT/US2018/068019. Status: Under review.
2. Samaresh Sau, AK Iyer, K Tatiparthi. Dual ligand targeted nanoparticle combination treatment for Alzheimer’s disease (AD). WSU Technology ID Number 21-1640. Status: WSU is filling provisional patent.
3. AK Iyer, Samaresh Sau, MJ Rybak, K Bhise, R Kebriaei. Drug delivery system for combination therapies of superbug infections with reduced side effects. Patent Application No. PCT/US2018/068021. Status: Under review.