Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.Henry Ford
Sujay Galen P.T, Ph.D., F.H.E.A.
<p>EACPHS, Room 2316</p>
Associate Professor (Clinical), Physical Therapy, Department of Health Care Sciences
Degrees and Certifications
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK, 2011
- Doctor of Philosophy, Bioengineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, 2006
- MSc Bioengineering (Distinction), University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, 2001
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India, 1998
- Licensed PT in the State of Michigan (Reg No. 5501016565)
- State Registered Physiotherapist UK (Reg No. PH 70993)
Positions and Employment
- Interim Program Director, Physical Therapy Program, Wayne State University, 2016-2017
- Assistant Profesor (Clinical), Physical Therapy Program, Wayne State University, 2012-2016
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, 2006-2012
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK, 2004-2006
- Physical Therapist, Rehabilitation centre and school for children with Cerebral Palsy, Vellore, India, 1998-2000
Awards and Honors
- SAGE Best Paper Prize in 2014 awarded by the Editorial Board of Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 2015
- Training in Granstmanship for Rehabilitation Research (TIGRR) Award, 2015
- People’s Choice Award for Best Research Presentation, International Spinal Cord Injury
Network Meeting, Toronto, Canada, 2014
- Outstanding Poster Presentation, Michigan Physical Therapy Association, Fall Meeting 2014
- Outstanding Poster Presentation, Michigan Physical Therapy Association, Fall Meeting 2013
- Outstanding Poster Presentation, Michigan Physical Therapy Association, Fall Meeting 2012
- Best Post-Doctoral Research Award, University of Strathclyde, 2010
- Dr. Mary Varghese memorial gold medal award for the best outgoing student, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India, 1994-1997
American Physical Therapy Association, USA
American Spinal Injury Association, USA
Chartered Societ of Physiotherapy, UK
Society for Neuroscience, USA
Editorial Board Membership
Primary Research Interest
Human movement analysis using 3D motion capture systems.
Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES).
Non-invasive brain stimulation techniques including Transcranial Magnectic Stimulation.
Development of outcome measures and assessment tools for clinical application, including smart sensors and wireless devices.
- Pubmed Publication List
- Google Scholar Publication List and Citations
- Research Gate Publication List with links to downloads