Assistant Professor (Clinical)
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 2021
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University Of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2020
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2013
- Master of Science (M.S.N.), Salem State College, Salem, MA, 2009
- Bachelor of Art (B.A.), Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH, 2007
- NBCRNA Recertified
- Nationally Registered Paramedic
- AHA Basic Life Support Instructor
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor
- AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor / Regional Faculty
Positions and Employment
- Assistant Professor (Clinical), Nurse Anesthesia, Wayne State University, 2019-present
- Chief Credentialing Officer, National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA), 2021–present
- Regional Director, North American Partners in Anesthesia, 2020-2021
- Chief CRNA, North American Partners in Anesthesia, 2019-2020
- Assistant SRNA Program Director, Partners Healthcare, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, 2017-2019
- Emerging Leader Fellow, National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA), Chicago, 2016-2018
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Partners Healthcare, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 2015-2017
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, 2013-2015
- Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Wayne State University, 2011-2013
- Staff Nurse and Clinical Research Nurse, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Trauma ICU, Nashville, 2009-2011
Awards and Honors
- MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, DEPARTMENT OF ANESTHESIA, CRITICAL CARE, AND PAIN MANAGEMENT – SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD
- NBCRNA ERAC Value & Satisfaction Subcommittee Chair, 2019-2020
- NBCRNA CPC Professional Practice Analysis Chair, 2019
- Northeastern PhD Advisory Committee, 2018-2020
- NBCRNA Emerging Leader Fellow, 2016-2018
- NBCRNA CPC Sample Item Writing Committee, 2015
- NBCRNA CPC Professional Practice Analysis Committee, 2015
- Key Political Contact, Michigan Association of Nurse Anesthetists, 2012-2013
- Curriculum Committee, Nurse Anesthesia Program, Wayne State University, 2011-2013
- Student Hearing Committee Panel, Eugene Applebaum College of Health Sciences, Wayne State University, 2011-2013
- Vanderbilt Trauma Unit Drug Reference Card Redesign, 2010
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Workplace Violence Committee, 2010
- Chapter Reviewer: Chapters 6, 7, 34, Nagelhout J. Plaus K., ed. Nurse Anesthesia. 5th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Saunders/Elsevier; 2014.
- Chapter Authoring: Gill C. Anesthesia for Ear, Nose, and Throat, and Maxillofacial Surgery. In: Nagelhout J. Elisha S, ed. Nurse Anesthesia. 6th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier/Saunders.
- CHAPTER AUTHORING: GILL C. ANESTHESIA FOR EAR, NOSE, AND THROAT, AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY. IN: NAGELHOUT J. ELISHA S, ED. NURSE ANESTHESIA. 7TH ED. ST. LOUIS, MO: ELSEVIER/SAUNDERS
- FERRIS M, GILL C, PRESTON J, BROWNE M. VALIDITY EVIDENCE FOR THE CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION ASSESSMENT: PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE ANALYSIS OF THE NATIONAL BOARD OF CERTIFICATION AND RECERTIFICATION FOR NURSE ANESTHETISTS. J NURS REGUL. 2021;11(4):51-62. DOI:10.1016/S2155-8256(20)30172-1.
- GILL C & GIULIANO K. GABAPENTINOIDS AND ACETAMINOPHEN AS ADJUVANTS FOR MANAGING POSTOPERATIVE PAIN. AANA JOURNAL. ACCEPTED 3/2021. IN PUB.
- BEKES JL, SACKASH CR, VOSS AL, GILL CJ. PEDIATRIC MEDICATION ERRORS AND REDUCTION STRATEGIES IN THE PERIOPERATIVE PERIOD. AANA J. 2021 AUG;89(4):319-324. PMID: 34342569.
- Infusion Nursing Society, National Academy November 2016 "Big Trouble with Little Bubbles" - Effects of microbubbles on physiology and the physics which govern them.
- Massachusetts Society of Peri Anesthesia Nurse Society, Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Meetings – “Coagulation Pathophysiology” & “Ketamine it’s in the evidence.”
- Urologic Surgery lecture, Boston College Nurse Anesthesia Program November 2017 & 2018.
- Eastern Nursing Research Society Spring 2019 Meeting – “Systematic Review of Adjuvant Analgesics.”