Bianca Korkis Pharm.D.
Bianca Korkis Pharm.D.
Degrees and Certifications
- 2014 - Pharm.D., University of Michigan College of Pharmacy
- 2010 - Pre-Pharmacy Coursework., Wayne State University
- 2010-present - Basic Life Support and First Aid Certification
- 2015-present - Wayne State University Postgraduate Pharmacy Teaching Certificate
Positions and Employment
- 2016-present - Assistant Clinical Professor, Wayne State University
Awards and Honors
- 2017 - Faculty of the Month, American Pharmacist Association, Academy of Student Pharmacists
- 2014 - Best Poster Presentation, Detroit Medical Center Pharmacy Research Day
- 2007-2010 - Dean’s List, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- 2007-2010 - Presidential Scholarship, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- 2017-present - American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- 2015-present - American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- 2015-present - Michigan Pharmacists Association
- 2015-present - Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 2014-present - Southeastern Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Primary Research Interest
- Korkis B (PI), Sarkozi R, Garwood C. Implementation and Evaluation of a Direct Acting Oral Anticoagulant (DOAC) Management Service in the Anticoagulation Clinic.(Part II)
- Korkis B (PI), LobkovichA, Garwood C. Implementation and Evaluation of a Direct Acting Oral Anticoagulant (DOAC) Management Service in the Anticoagulation Clinic.
- Korkis B, Moser LR, Munir A. Identifying Characteristics Associated with Recovered Ejection Fraction in Patients with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction.
- Hanni, C. M., Wilhelm, S. M., Korkis, B., Petrovitch, E. A., Tsilimingras, K. V.,McConachie, S.M. (2018). Therapeutic Enoxaparin in the Morbidly Obese Patient:Case Report and Review ofthe Literature. Hospital Pharmacy.
- Garwood CL, Korkis B, Grande D, HanniC, Morin A, Moser LR. Anticoagulation Bridge Therapy in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: Recent Updates Providing a Re-Balance of Risk and Benefit. Pharmacotherapy. 2017 May 5.
- Mohammad I, Korkis B, Garwood CL. The Contemporary Anticoagulation Clinic:Incorporating Comprehensive Management of Direct Oral Anticoagulants. Pharmacotherapy. 2017; 37(10):1284-1297.
- Garwood CL, Korkis B, Mohammad I, Lepczyk M, Risko K. Implementation of Chronic Care Management Services in Primary Care Practice. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2016; 73:1924-1932.
- Garwood C, Korkis B, Ollie T. Bridge Therapy for Patients on Chronic Oral Anticoagulation. [August 2017, Submitted to ACCP Ambulatory Care Survival Guide 4th edition]
- Garwood C, Korkis B, Ollie T. Outpatient Anticoagulation Clinics. [August 2017, Submitted to ACCP Ambulatory Care Survival Guide 4th edition]
- Korkis B. A Focused Update on the 2017 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes. Rxtra! Rxtra! ACCP Ambulatory Care Newsletter, 2017.
- Korkis B, Moser LR, Munir A. Identifying Characteristics Associated with Recovered Ejection Fraction in Patients with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction. American College of Cardiology 2017 Annual Meeting. Washington D.C. March 2017