Sheila M. Wilhelm Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS
Professor (Clinical), CVS Patient Care Laboratory Coordinator
Sheila M. Wilhelm Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
- ASHP Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency, MidMichigan Health, Midland MI
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Awards and Honors
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholar Faculty Mentor for Claudia Hanni, Pharm.D.; AACP Annual Meeting, July 2018, Boston, MA
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholar Faculty Mentor for Megan Kucemba, Pharm.D. Candidate 2018; AACP Annual Meeting, July 2017, Nashville TN
- Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (FCCP), October 2014, Austin, Texas
- Outstanding Student Poster Award in Clinical Sciences: WSU EACHPS Research Day, (Preceptor for: Anela Mihaescu), Detroit, MI, October 2014
- WSU EACPHS Excellence in Teaching Award, 2010
- The American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Best Resident/Fellow Poster Award (Preceptor for: Elizabeth A Petrovitch), Charlotte, NC. April 2010
- WSU School of Medicine Endocrine Unit Top Speakers (determined by student evaluations) 2009, 2010
- WSU EACPHS Roche Preceptor of the Year, 2008
- Harper University Hospital/Wayne State University Preceptor of the Year, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013
- University of Washington Outstanding Patient and Family Educator, 2002
American College of Clinical Pharmacists
- 2000-present, Member
- 2016-present, Faculty Presenter for: Gastrointestinal Disorders; Updates in Therapeutics: Pharmacotherapy Preparatory and Recertification Course
- 2012-2014, Mentoring Program – Invited Volunteer Mentor
- 2011-2015, Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Course Expert Reviewer: Gastrointestinal Chapter
- 2014, ACSAP Invited Chapter Reviewer: Content Expert for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- 2013, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Prep Course Expert Reviewer: Gastrointestinal Chapter
- 2010-2011, GI/Liver/Nutrition PRN Secretary and Treasurer
- 2009-2010, Educational Affairs Committee member, 2009-2010
- 2008-2014, Reviewer for Online Curriculum Vitae Review Service
- Educational Affairs Committee B member; 2007-2008
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 1998-present, Member
- 2010-2012, PharmPrep Gastroenterology Section Editor
- 2010-2017, Midyear Clinical Meeting Abstract Reviewer
- 2011, Midyear Clinical Meeting Program Proposal Reviewer
- 1999-2000, University of Michigan Student Liaison
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- 2004-present, Member
- 2009, WSU EACPHS AACP Delegate
- 2005, Academic Practice Partnership Initiative Summit to Advance Experiential Education in Pharmacy, Selected Participant
Michigan Pharmacists’ Association
- 1996-present, Member
- 2009-2012, Oakland County Pharmacists Association Board Member
- 2004-present, Michigan Society of Health System Pharmacists Member
- 2000-2002, MPA Professional Affairs Committee Member
Southeastern Michigan Society of Health System Pharmacists
- 2004-present, Member
- Programs Committee Chairperson, 2005-2007
- Wilhelm SM*, Love BL. Management of patients with inflammatory bowel disease: current and future treatments. Clinical Pharmacist 2017;3(9):83-92. doi: 10.1211/CP.2017.20202316
- Lipari M, Smith AL, Kale-Pradhan PB, Wilhelm SM*. Adherence to GOLD Guidelines in the Inpatient COPD Population. Journal of Pharmacy Practice 2017. E-pub ahead of print. doi: 10.1177/0897190017696949
- McConachie S, Wilhelm SM, Kale-Pradhan PB*. Biosimilars in Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Accumulating Clinical Evidence. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017;29:1-10. doi: 10.1080/17512433.2017.1283983.
- Kokoska LA, Wilhelm SM*, Garwood CL, Berlie HD. Aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes: A meta-analysis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2016;120:31-9. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2016.07.012.
- Wilhelm SM*. Report: Impact of inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Manag Care. 2016;22:S32-S38.
- McConachie SM, Wilhelm SM, Kale-Pradhan PB*. New direct-acting antivirals in hepatitis C therapy: a review of sofosbuvir, ledipasavir, dalcatasvir, simeprevir, paritaprevir, ombitasvir and dasabuvir. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 2016;9:287-302. doi: 10.1586/17512433.2016.1129272
- Kale-Pradhan PB*, Mariani NP, Wilhelm SM, Johnson LB. Meta-analysis: Vancomycin treatment failures for MRSA bacteremia based on MIC determined by E-test. J Pharmacy Technology 2016;32:65-70. [e-pub ahead of print] doi:10.1177/8755122515610125
- Kale-Pradhan PB, Mihaescu A, Wilhelm SM*. Fluoroquinolone sequential therapy for helicobacter pylori. Pharmacotherapy 2015;35:719-30. doi: 10.1002/phar.1614
- Salinitri FD, Wilhelm SM, Crabtree BL*. Facilitating facilitators: enhancing PBL through a structured facilitator development program. IJPBL 2015;9(1) doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/1541-5015.1509.
- Wilhelm SM*, McConachie SM. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. In Sutton SS, ed. NAPLEX Review Guide. 3rd ed. New York City: McGraw-Hill; (In Press).
- Kale-Pradhan PB*, Wilhelm SM. Pancreatitis. In Tisdale JE, Miller DA, eds. Drug Induced Diseases. 3rd ed. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. (In Press)
- Wilhelm SM*. Gastrointestinal Disorders. In: Burke J, Cauffield J, El-Ibiary S, et al., eds. Updates in Therapeutics®: Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, 2017 ed. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2017:2-175 – 2-258.
- Milisor VE, Wilhelm SM*. Nausea and vomiting. In Katz, Matthias, and Chisholm-Burns, eds. Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice Study Guide: A Case-Based Care Plan Approach. 4th ed. New York City: McGraw-Hill; 2017:87-90.
- Salinitri FD*, Crabtree BL, Wilhelm SM. A PBL training program for facilitators and students rooted in the constructivist philosophy. In Ruth Henderson, ed. Problem-Based Learning: Perspectives, Methods and Challenges. Chapter 4. New York: Nova Science Publishers; 2016. Available at: https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58387%7B5%7D10&osCsid=f1e91077b61fdcc18c849f461ccd381f
- Wilhelm SM*. Gastrointestinal Disorders. In: Dugan J, El-Ibirary S, Foote E.F. et al. Updates in Therapeutics: The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, 2016 Ed. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2016:2-213 – 2-296.
- Wilhelm SM*, Lipari M. Nausea and vomiting. In: Chisholm-Burns MA, Schwinghammer TL, Wells BG, Malone PM, Kolesar JM, DiPiro JT, eds. Pharmacotherapy Principles & Practice. 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2016.
- Wilhelm SM*. Targeted treatment options for opioid induced constipation: update for the pharmacist. Power-Pak C.E. Peer-Reviewed Continuing Education for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians. December 2016. http://www.powerpak.com/course/preamble/113894
- Wilhelm SM*, Grande D. Inflammatory bowel disease: a focus on biologics. The Rx Consultant. 2016;25(11):1-10.