Dennis Parker Pharm.D.
EACPHS, Room 4141
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Degrees and Certifications
Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti MI NA 1990-1994 General Studies
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI Pharm.D 1994-1998 Pharmacy
Detroit Receiving Hospital, Detroit MI Residency 1998-1999 Pharmacy
Awards and Honors
- Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year, 2004
- Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year, 2003
- Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Excellence in Teaching Award, 2002
- Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Externship Preceptor of the Year, 2002
- Detroit Receiving Hospital Certificate of Excellence, 2002
- Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Professor of the Year (Class of 2003/2004), 2002
Primary Research Interest
Innovative Technology Grant (2004)- Wayne State University, PI
Platelet Aggregation and Pharamcokinetics of Aggrenox - Following Administration Through Gastric Tubes
Boheringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Co-author
- Rhoney DH, Tam V, Parker D, McKinnon PS, Coplin WM. Disposition of Cefepime in the Central Nervous System of Patients with External Ventricular Drains. Pharmacotherapy 2003;23:310-314.
- Parker D, Ahrens C, Larive L. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Michigan Pharmacist October, 2002.
- Rhoney DH, Parker D, Formea CM, Yap CW, Coplin WM. Tolerability of bolus versus continuous gastric feeding in brain injured patients. Neurol Res 2002;24:613-20.
- Rhoney DH*, Murry KR, Parker D. Implementation of a pharmacists managed heparin dosing service in ischemic stroke patients. AJHP, submitted June 2002.
- Rhoney DH, Parker D. Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics of Valproic Acid. Psychline
- Rhoney DH, Parker D. Use of Sedative and Analgesic Agents in Neurotrauma Patients: Effects on Cerebral Physiology. Neurol Res 2001;23:237-59.