Dennis Parker Pharm.D.
Associate Professor (Clinical)
EACPHS, Room 4141
Dennis Parker Pharm.D.
Degrees and Certifications
- 1998 - Pharm.D., University of Michigan, College of Pharmacy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Positions and Employment
- 2010-present - Associate Professor, Wayne State University
- 1999-2019 - Assistant Professor, Wayne State University
Awards and Honors
- 2019 - APhA-ASP Faculty of the Year
- 2018 - EACPHS Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Faculty Recognition Award
- 2018 - EACPHS Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Professor of the Year
- 2018 - APhA-ASP Outstanding Faculty Member
- 2014 - EACPHS Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2014 Faculty Recognition Award
- 2011 - Detroit Receiving Hospital/Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Longitudinal Advanced Practice Program (LAPP) Preceptor of the Year
- 2010 - Detroit Receiving Hospital/Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Longitudinal Advanced Practice Program (LAPP) Preceptor of the Year
- 2009 - Detroit Receiving Hospital/Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy LAPP Preceptor of the Year
- 2004 - Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Roche Preceptor of the Year
- 2003 - Detroit Receiving Hospital/Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy LAPP Preceptor of the Year
- 2002 - Wayne State University Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2002 - Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Roche Preceptor of the Year
- 2002 - Detroit Receiving Hospital Certificate of Excellence
- 2002 - Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy Professor of the Year (Class of 2003/2004)
- 2005-present - Neurocritical Care Society
- 2001-present - Society of Critical Care Medicine
- 1998-2005 - Michigan Pharmacists Association
- 1998-2004, 2007 - American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Smythe MA, Parker D, Garwood CL, et al. Timing of Initiation of Oral Anticoagulation after Acute Ischemic Stroke in Patients with AtrialFibrillation. Pharmacotherapy. 2020 Jan;40(1):55-71.
- Parker, D. Peripheral Neuropathy in: Drug-Induced Diseases: Prevention, Detection, and Management. (1st through 3rd edition), American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 2018
- Rhoney DH, Parker, D “Head Injury” in Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient Focused Approach, 5th Edition (9th and 10th), McGraw-Hill Medical, (2017).
- Rao SK, Ibrahim M, Hanni CM, Suchdev K, Parker D, Rajamani K, Mohamed W. Apixaban for the treatment of Cerebral Venous Thrombosis: A Case Series. J Neurol Sci 2017;15:318-320.
- Human T, Cook AM, Anger B, Bledsoe K, Castle A, Deen D, Gibbs H, Lesch C, Liang N, McAllen K, Morrison C, Parker D Jr, Rowe AS, Rhoney D, Sangha K, Santayana E, Taylor S, Tesoro E, Brophy G. Treatment of Hyponatremia in Patients with Acute Neurological Injury. Neurocrit Care. 2017;27:242-248.
- Sadeghi M, Saber H, Singh A, Hanni C, Parker D, Desai A, Mohamed W.Nicardipine Associated Risk of Short-Term Mortality in Critically Ill Patients with Ischemic Stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2019;28(5):1168-1172.
- Parker D.,Sanders E.J. , Burghardt K.J. Pharmacogenetics of Antiepileptic Drugs: A Brief Review. Ment Health Clin [Internet]. 2016;6(1):28-34.
- Steiner, T, Hemphill JC, Parker D, Patel D, Moser H, Alexandrov A. Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Neurocritical Care LIVE Review Article). In press.
- Weekes-Plante K, Parker D, Park L. Lacosamide vs. Levetiracetam for Primary Prophylaxis of Early Seizures in Neurocritical Care Patients, Poster presentation at the ASHP Midyear meeting (December, 2015).
- Srinivas, M, Maidenuic C, Parker D, Basha M, Norris G. Use of Ketamine in the treatment of refractory status epilepticus in adults: A retrospective single center seven year experience. Poster presentation at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society.
- Paplaskas, A, Park L, Parker D Jr. Does Dexmedetomidine Reduce Opioid Requirements in Brain Injured Patients? Poster presentation at the 2016 Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Suchdev K, Koshi H, Parker, D. Lacosamide for termination of status epilepticus. An effective option? Poster presentation at the 2016 Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Davis, S, Parker, D., Commissaris R., Clark M., Crabtree B. Apple Days: Growing the pipeline through community engagement and education. Poster presentation at the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, 2016.
- Serkin, Z., Messana E., Mohamed W., Saely W., Parker D., Muhammad I. Weight-based activated prothrombin complex concentrate (FEIBA) is better than FFP alone for hematoma expansion in patients with warfarin-induced intracranial hemorrhage. Poster presentation at the American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, 2017.