Francine Dina Salinitri Pharm.D.
Associate Professor (Clinical), Director of Experiential Education
EACPHS, Suite 2190
Francine Dina Salinitri Pharm.D.
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Wayne State University, 2003
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, Wayne State University, 2001
- Bachelor of Science, University of Windsor, 2001
- Bachelor of Education, University of Windsor, 2001
- Pharmacy Nephrology Resident, Henry Ford Hospital, 2004
- AACP Academic Leadership Fellows Program Graduate 2018
Positions and Employment
- Director of Experiential Education, Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Science, 2017-present
- Associate Professor (Clinical), Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 2014-present
- Clinical Pharmacy Nephrology Specialist, Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center (Dearborn, MI), 2004-present
- Assistant Professor (Clinical), Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 2004-2014
Awards and Honors
- Faculty Preceptor of the Year 2016 & 2011
- American Association of College of Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacist Association
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Michgian Pharmacists Association
Areas of Expertise
- Experiential Education
- Problem-based learning
- Treatment of patients with diabetes and chronic kidney disease
- Objective structured clinical examinations
- Salinitri FD*, Lobkovich A, Crabtree BL, Wilhelm S. Reliability and Validity of a Checklist to Evaluate Student Performance in a Problem-Based Learning Group. Am J Pharm Educ. Posted online on 28 Sep 2018.
- Hsaiky L*, Salinitri F, Wong J, Jennings S, Desai N, Cha R. Pharmacokinetics and Investigation of Optimal Dose Ertapenem in Intermittent Hemodialysis Patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2018;1-7
- Gortney JS*, Salinitri FD, Bray BS. The utilization and implementation of the pharmacy curriculum outcomes assessment (PCOA) in the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum at U.S. schools and colleges of pharmacy. 2015:79(9). Article 137.
- Moser L*, Berlie H, Salinitri FD, McCuistion M, Slaughter RL. Enhancing Academic Success by Creating a Community of Learners. Am J Pharm Educ. 2015;79(5):Article 70.
- Salinitri FD, Wilhelm S, Crabtree BL*. Facilitating Facilitators: Enhancing PBL through a structured facilitator development program. International Journal of Problem Based Learning. 2015;9(1): 72-82. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/1541-5015.1509.
- Pinelli NR*, Patel A, Salinitri FD. Co-Administration of liraglutide with tacrolimus in kidney transplant recipients: A case series. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(10):e171-172.
- Salinitri FD*, Pinelli NR, Martin ET, Jaber LA. Insulin sensitivity and secretion in Arab Americans with glucose intolerance. Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics. 2013;15(11): DOI: 10.1089/dia.2013.0045.
- Nemerovski CW*, Salinitri FD, Morbitzer K, Moser LR. Aspirin for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease events. Pharmacotherapy. 2012;32(11):1020-1035.
- Salinitri FD*, O???Connell ME, Garwood CL, Tutag-Lehr V, Abdallah K. An objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) to assess problem-based learning. Am J Pharm Educ. 2012;76(3):Article 44.
- Salinitri FD, Hsaiky L, Pinelli NR*. Hepatitis C virus infection complicated by kidney disease. Nephro-Urol Mon. 2011;3(4):308-9.
- Salinitri FD*, Desai N, Berlie H. Pharmacotherapeutic blood pressure management in a chronic kidney disease patient. AACN Adv Crit Care. 2009;20(3):205-215
- Salinitri FD*, Crabtree BL, Wilhelm S. A PBL training program for facilitators and students rooted in the constructivist philosophy. In Ruth Henderson, ed. Problem-Based Learning: Perspectives, Methods and Challenges. Chapter 4. New York: Nova Science Publishers; 2016. Retrieved at:https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58387%7B5%7D10&osCsid=f1e91077b61fdcc18c849f461ccd381f.
- Salinitri FD*, Berlie H. Diabetes Management. In Hudson JQ, Mason DL eds. Nephrology Pharmacotherapy: A Pharmacist's Guide to Advanced Kidney Disease and Medication Management. Fresenius Medical Care, Inc; 2015. (in press)
- Wilpula E*, Salinitri FD. Module 2, Chapter 5: Foundations in Pharmacology and Clinical Applications in Nephrology Nursing. Pages 291-326. In American Nephrology Nurses Association, eds. The Core Curriculum for Nephrology Nursing, 6th edition. 2015.
- Berlie HD*, Salinitri FD. "Canagliflozin: A new agent and class for the treatment of type 2 diabetes" (update). In DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC, Matzke GR, Wells BG, Posey LM, eds. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2013.