Linda Jaber Pharm. D.
EACPHS, Room 2134
Linda Jaber Pharm. D.
Degrees and Certifications
- PharmD, Wayne State University (Detroit, MI), 1986
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Wayne State University (Detroit, MI), 1983
- Medication Therapy Management, American Pharmacists Association, 2014
Positions and Employment
- 2009-present, Professor, Wayne State University (Detroit, MI)
- 1996-2008, Associate Professfor, Wayne State University (Detroit, MI)
- 1989-1996, Assistant Professor, Wayne State University (Detroit, MI)
- 1987-1989, Clinical Lecturer, Wayne State University (Detroit, MI)
Awards and Honors
- Mortar and Pestle Award of Excellence, Arab American Pharmacist Association, 2009
- Roche Preceptor Award, 2007-2008
- Excellence in Research Award, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation, 2006
- Leadership Award for Community Research Collaboration, 2003
- Excelennce in Teaching Award, Wayne State University, 2000-2001
- Research Award, Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 1994-1995
- Teacher of the Year, Wayne State University, 1993-1994
- Instructor of the Year, Wayne State University, 1989-1990
- Graduate/Professional Scholarship, Wayne State University, 1985-1986
- American Diabetes Association
- American Academy of Clinical Pharmacy
- National Arab American Medical Association
Areas of Expertise
- Diabetes management
- Clinical diabetes research
- Epidemiology and risk factors for diabetes in Arab Americans
- McEwen LN, Ibrahim M, Ali NM, Assaad-Khalil SH, Tantawi HR, Nasr G, Mohammadmoradi S, Misha'l AA, Annabi FA, Ba-Essa EM, Bahijri SM, Tuomilehto J, Jaber LA, Herman WH. “Impact of an individualized type 2 diabetes education program on clinical outcomes during Ramadan.” BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2015; 16;3(1):e000111.
- Jaber LA, Pinelli NR, Brown MB, Funnell M, Anderson R, Hammad A, Herman WH. “Feasibility of group lifestyle intervention for diabetes prevention in Arab Americans.” Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;91:307-315.
- Pinelli NR, Brown MB, Herman WH, Jaber LA. “Family support is associated with success in achieving weight loss in a group lifestyle Intervention for diabetes prevention in Arab-Americans.” Ethn Dis 2011;21:480-484.
- Pinelli NR, Brown MB, Herman WH, Jaber LA. “Perceived risk and the willingness to enroll in a diabetes prevention lifestyle intervention in Arab Americans.” Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2010;90:e27-29.
- Kridli S, Brown MB, Herman WH, Jaber LA. “Prevalence of diabetes among Chaldean Americans." Ethn Dis 2006;16:351-6.
- Hammad A, Herman WH, Jaber LA. "Cardiovascular risk factors in an Arab-American population in southeastern Michigan." Ethn Dis Winter 2005;15(1 Suppl 1):S1-29.
- Jaber LA, Brown MB, Hammad A, Zhu Q, Herman WH. “The prevalence of the metabolic syndrome among Arab Americans.” Diabetes Care 2004;27:234-238.
- Jaber LA, Brown MB, Hammad A, Nowak SN, Zhu Q, Ghafoor A, Herman WH. “Epidemiology of diabetes among Arab Americans.” Diabetes Care 2003;26:308-313.
- Jaber LA, Nowak SN, Slaughter RR. “Efficacy of insulin-metformin combination therapy in obese patients with type 2 diabetes.” J Clin Pharmacol 2002;42:89-94.
- Jaber LA, Antal EJ, Welshman IR. "Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of glyburide in young and elderly patients with NIDDM." Ann Pharmacother 1996;30:472-475.
- Jaber LA, Antal EJ, Slaughter RL, Welshman IR. "Comparison of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of short- and long-term glyburide therapy in NIDDM." Diabetes Care 1994;17:1300-1306.
- Jaber LA, Antal EJ, Slaughter RL, Welshman IR. "The Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of 12 week glyburide therapy in obese diabetics." Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1993;45:459-463.