Why choose WSU
A premier university in the heart of Detroit
As Michigan's only urban research university, Wayne State is known for academic and research excellence, success across a diverse student body, and meaningful community engagement. Here are a few ways we stand out:
- More than $350 million awarded to WSU students annually in federal, state, institutional and private aid through scholarships, grants, loans and work-study programs.
- Significant opportunities for experiential learning and clinical practice at major health systems and urban community organizations within walking distance of campus.
- A partner with U-M and MSU in the University Research Corridor, which generates 95% of research in Michigan.
- Lowest undergraduate resident tuition among the state's three research universities.
- Ranked in the top 1.4% of universities worldwide.
- One of the nation's 50 largest public universities.
- Awarded the highest rankings for research and community engagement by the Carnegie Foundation.
- Offering a culturally rich, well-rounded, diverse educational experience in the heart of Detroit.
- More than 500 student organizations promoting camaraderie and hands-on experience beyond the classroom.
Key benefits of the WSU Physician Assistant program
- Curriculum of leading medical content experts lecturing to students and facilitating case-based medical education.
- Interaction with patients from start of program and continuously throughout your educational experience.
- Access to a culturally rich, diverse and well-rounded educational experience at a premier teaching and research institution.
- Clinical rotations in all the major health care systems throughout the southeastern Michigan.
- Utilization of standardized patients for clinical skills testing center at the WSU Medical School.
- Commitment to student hands-on experience with to human dissection in anatomy course.
- Service-learning through extensive community with Detroit public schools, Detroit Special Olympians, Muscular Dystrophy Association, and by participating in inter-professional team visits with older metropolitan Detroit patients.
- Nationally ranked and #1 ranked PA program in the state of Michigan.