Sara Lolar M.S., PA-C, DFAAPA
Assistant Professor - Clinical
Physician Assistant Studies
EACPHS, Suite 2590
Sara Lolar M.S., PA-C, DFAAPA
Degrees and Certifications
- Emergency Medicine Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ), 2016
- Wayne State University, M.S in Physician Assistant Studies, 2005
- Wayne State University, B.S. in Biological Sciences, 1995
Positions and Employment
- Assistant Professor (Clinical), Physician Assistant Studies, Wayne State University, 2018-present
- Medical Center Emergency Services, Detroit Medical Center ED, Physician Assistant, 2005-present
- Instructional Assistant/PT UPTF, Physician Assistant Studies, Wayne State University, 2006-2018
Awards and Honors
- New Faculty Award for Professional Excellence, Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA). Awarded October 22, 2020.
- Physician Assistant Education Association, Don Pederson Research Grant. Project title "Barriers to Research: A national survey of physician assistant faculty." Funded 1/10/2020 - 7/31/2021. $6,995.
- Dale Sillix Teaching Award of Excellence, Wayne State University Physician Assistant Studies, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2020
- Pi Alpha National Honor Society for Physician Assistants
- Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA)
- Society of Point of Care Ultrasound (SPOCUS)
- Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of PAs (DFAAPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants (MAPA)
Areas of Expertise
- Faculty Development
- Academic admissions
- Point of care ultrasound
- Emergency medicine
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Lolar, S. Student ultrasound interest group: a novel method of introducing ultrasound to physician assistant students. J Physician Assistant Education. Accepted 3/18/21
- Lolar, S, J McQueen, S Maher, Correlation between physician assistant students’ performance score of history taking and physical exam documentation and scores of Graduate Record Examination, clinical year grade point average, and score of Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam in the United States. J Educ Eval Health Prof 2020;17:16
- Lolar S, Pilat MJ, Welch RD. Impact of Type of Healthcare Experience Before Physician Assistant School Admission on PANCE Score. J Allied Health. 2020;49(3):176-180.
- Lolar, S. Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, JAAPA, Apr 2021; 34(4):52-53. doi: 10.1097/01.JAA.0000735796.40503.de. PMID: 33735142.
- Lolar, S., P Chrobak, What is causing this man’s facial flushing? JAAPA, Feb 2017, 30 (2):55-57
- Lolar, S, Woman, 36, with fever and malaise. Clinician Reviews, September 2016; 26(9):30-33
- Lolar, S.A., R.L. Sherwin, D.M. Robinson, et al., Effectiveness of an urban emergency department call-back system in the successful linkage to treatment of sexually transmitted infections. South Med J, May 2015. 108(5): p. 268-73.
- Lolar S, Sudden cramps and vaginal bleeding during pregnancy, Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, April 2011, pg 69-70.
- Lolar S, Nonhealing Wound Following Trauma, Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, June 2010, pg 59-60.
Peer Reviewed Posters:
- Lolar, S, R. Welch, A. Garino. Barriers to research: A national survey of physician assistant faculty. PAEA Education Forum, virtual, October 11-15, 2021. Research brief oral presentation.
- Lolar, S, B. Nandwana. Type of health care experience impact on End of Rotation scores. PAEA Education Forum, virtual, October 11-15, 2021. Abstract/poster.
- Tocco, Joe, S Maher, S. Lolar. Healthcare experience impact on first-year physician assistant students’ communication self-efficacy. EACPHS College Research Day, October 14, 2020. Awarded 2nd place in Health Care Sciences Student category.