Admission Cycle: May 1, 2021-September 1, 2021, for WSU PA Studies class beginning May 2022
Prior to applying to the Wayne State University Physician Assistant Studies program, we suggest that you attend a General Information Meeting held the first Tuesday evening of each month at 6 p.m. to learn about the program and have your questions addressed directly. Due to restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic, all meetings will be held virtually through a Zoom link until further notice. Visit the General Information Meetings page to obtain more details. Meetings are held every month of the year for your convenience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution before the start of WSU PA Studies program in May
- 3.0 minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA
- 3.0 minimum prerequisite GPA
- GRE score: minimum of 285 combined verbal and quantitative, and a 3.5 analytical writing score (exam must be taken by July 31st and the official score must be submitted to CASPA by September 1)
- 500 hours (within the last two years) of direct, hands-on patient-care experience completed by the September 1 application deadline
- TOEFL score, if not having had completed four years of high school in the United States (exam must be taken by August 1st and the score received in PA office by September 1). This applies to all that have not fulfilled this requirement, even if having attained a university undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Completed (by September 1) and verified (by September 15) CASPA application (The application is available May 1 - September 1, 2021.)
- Completed online (by September 1) WSU Graduate Application, including submission of all required supplemental documents (The application will be available in May 2021 - apply for "Spring/Summer 2022")
- All applicants must complete the CASPer test, an element of the Altus Suite Assessments.
- Successful completion of a personal interview
All deadlines noted on this website must be abided by in order to be considered for admission to the WSU PA Studies program. Due to the highly competitive nature of admission to this program, successful completion of all admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Applicants often wonder about the admission characteristics of those that are admitted to the program. Here are the most recent admitted class averages:
WSU PA Studies Class of 2022
Admitted student averages/numbers:
- cGPA: 3.69
- pGPA 3.86
- GRE: Quantitative: 150 Verbal: 151 Written: 4.2
- Average Age: 24.5 years
- 11 Males and 38 Females