Welcome Warrior Preceptors
Here at Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, we know that our preceptors are essential to the development and training of our PharmD students. Pharmacy student surveys conducted through the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) have consistently demonstrated that Wayne State Experiential Education is one of the greatest strengths in our program, thanks to our dedicated preceptors. Our Warrior Preceptors offer opportunities for our students to be integrated in pharmacy practice at a variety of practice sites.
Our preceptors are:
- Professionals who exhibit behaviors and values that are consistent with the trust given to our profession
- Leaders who demonstrate responsibility for the students they educate, the patients they care for and the profession they serve
- Innovators that create and envision ways to integrate students into a variety of practice settings to enhance the profession and patient care
- Self-aware in that they examine and reflect on personal knowledge, skills and abilities in order to enhance their facilitation of student learning
- Educators in that they facilitate and guide learning for students, patients and other health care providers
- Interprofessional collaborators in that they actively participate and engage as a health care team member in the care for patients
- Patient-centered caregivers in that they provide patient-centered care as the medication specialist
Resources for current preceptors
Giving thanks for our preceptors
Annual Preceptor Appreciation Breakfast and Continuing Education Program
Each year we give thanks to all of our preceptors at a networking breakfast and CE for their dedication and continuous support for our students.
EACPHS Warrior Preceptor of the Year Award
Each year, the EACPHS Warrior Preceptor of the Year Award recognizes and honors preceptors who have demonstrated commitment and excellence in the following areas:
- Providing exceptional experiential educational learning that integrates students into the practice of pharmacy
- Promoting an environment that fosters and facilitates student learning through problem-solving and active participation in direct or indirect patient care services
- Displaying leadership and service to patients and the profession
Nominations for the 2019 award are now closed.
Our Experiential Education team thanks you!
Meet our team
|Francine Salinitri |
Director of Experiential Education
|Kristen Sears |
Experiential Education Coordinator
|Brittany Stewart |
Coordinator, P3 Community IPPE Course
|Joseph Fava |
Coordinator, Early P1 & P2 IPPE Courses