Before you apply to the WSU PharmD Program, we suggest that you attend a general information meeting. These sessions are designed to answer questions about the program and they are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m.
The following admission requirements are effective for students applying to the PharmD program for Fall 2021 and later.
- 2.75 minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA as calculated by PharmCAS.
- 2.75 minimum prerequisite GPA as calculated by the Wayne State University Admissions Committee. Use our prerequisite worksheet to calculate your GPA; remember to select Pharmacy in the upper left of the page.
- The PCAT is no longer required for all applicants with a prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants with less than a 3.0 prerequisite GPA must complete the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) with a preferred minimum composite score of 50th percentile or higher. A 50th percentile or higher in chemistry, quantitative, and biology as well as a 25th percentile or higher in the reading section is preferred. (Please note that the most recent PCAT score taken between 2016-2021 will be considered in the Fall 2022 admissions process. Scores from the January 2022 testing dates will not be accepted for Fall 2022 admission.)
- All grades in prerequisite and general education requirements must be a minimum of "C" or better (2.0 on a 4.0 grade scale). Due to the unique situation created by COVID-19, many institutions are allowing students to choose a Pass/No Pass option in lieu of a letter grade in certain semesters. The program encourages applicants to receive letter grades in their prerequisite courses. P/N will be accepted if the grading institution's policy is a C or better to receive a Pass. If the school accepts C- or below as a Pass, students will be required to submit a letter from the instructor documenting what the grade earned would have been (in the case of WSU courses, since we can view that grade in the system, such a letter will not be required). This policy applies to the following semesters: Winter 2020, Spring/Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Spring/Summer 2021.
- Course-by-course transcript evaluation (if coursework was completed at a non-U.S. institution).
- Satisfactory completion of the Wayne State University English language proficiency requirements.
- Two letters of reference submitted electronically to PharmCAS. One letter must be from a college or university instructor and the second one can be professional.
- Personal statement submitted directly to PharmCAS.
- Resume submitted directly to PharmCAS.
- Participation in an interview.
- Students who are offered admission to the PharmD program will have a Criminal Background Check performed by Certiphi, Inc. through PharmCAS. Matriculation into the program will depend on the results of that check.
A degree is not required for admission into the PharmD program.
Applicants must abide by all deadlines noted on this website in order to be considered for admission to the WSU PharmD program. Because of the highly competitive nature of admission to this program, successful completion of all admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
Fall 2022 Timeline
- July 14, 2021: Application for Fall 2022 opens in PharmCAS
- July 9, 2021: Last date to take the PCAT for Priority Deadline Applicants
- October 1, 2021: Priority Deadline for Fall 2022
- October 29, 2021: Last date to take the PCAT for regular decision applicants
- January 4, 2022: Application deadline extended for Fall 2022
- October 2021 through March 2022: Admission interviews
- May 31, 2022: Deadline to complete the Science and Math prerequisites for Fall 2022 admits
- August 31, 2022: Deadline to complete non-science prerequisites and general education requirements for Fall 2022 admits
Fall 2023 Timeline
- July 14, 2022: Application for Fall 2023 opens in PharmCAS
- July 8, 2022: Last date to take the PCAT for Priority Deadline Applicants
- October 1, 2022: Priority Deadline for Fall 2023
- October 28, 2022: Last date to take the PCAT for regular decision applicants
- November 1, 2022: Final application deadline for Fall 2023
- October 2022 through February 2023: Admission interviews
- May 31, 2023: Deadline to complete the Science and Math prerequisites for Fall 2023 admits
- August 31, 2023: Deadline to complete non-science prerequisites and general education requirements for Fall 2023 admits
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Office of Student Affairs
259 Mack Avenue, Suite 1600
Detroit, MI 48201