Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Seminar: Pharmacogenomics for Heart Failure Therapies
- May 22 2013 at 4:00 PMApplebaum BuildingPresented by D. E. Lanfear, M.D., Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation, Center for Health Services Research, Wayne State University, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit
- Pharmacy and Health Sciences Monthly Information Meeting
- June 4 2013 at 6:00 PM259 Mack Ave., Detroit, MIMonthly Information Meetings are designed to answer questions about the educational opportunities available in the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Degree Programs reviewed at the Information meeting include: Anatomic Pathologists’ Assistant Clinical Laboratory Science/Cytotechnology Forensics Investigation Mortuary Science/Funeral Directors Program Occupational Therapy Pharmacy Physical Therapy Physician Assistant Studies Radiation Therapy Technology Radiologist Assistant Radiologic Technology You should plan on attending a meeting if you: Want to know more about admissions requirements and prerequisites to each program Like working with people Enjoy the sciences Like a challenging work environment Want to help people Want to schedule an appointment with a counselor Monthly Meetings begin promptly at 6:00pm the first Tuesday of every month in the lower level of the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Auditorium. Parking is available in Parking Structure 7 for $6.00 directly west of the building. Please enter at the Brady Street (North) entrance as the Mack Avenue (South) entrance is always locked. The meeting has a structured format. It is important to be on time so as not to miss important information. PLEASE NOTE: The Brady Street entrance locks at 6:30pm and you will not be able to enter the building after that time.
- Laboratory Safety Training
- June 11 2013 at 10:00 AMScott HallThis training addresses issues related to chemical safety, chemical waste disposal, and emergency procedures in the laboratory. It is required once for all employees who work in a lab with hazardous chemicals. This class combines the former OSHA Laboratory Standard and the Hazardous Waste & Emergency Procedures classes. Topics covered: Contents of the OSHA Lab Standard (29 CFR 1910.1450) WSU Chemical Hygiene Plan Physical and health hazards of chemicals Safety equipment in the laboratory Safe handling and storage of chemicals Material Safety Data Sheets and other information sources Personal protective equipment Explanation of EPA, MDEQ, and DOT regulations Explanation of the WSU Emergency Contingency Plan Laboratory employee's responsibilities as a hazardous waste generator Definitions of hazardous waste Procedures for collection, labeling, storage and removal of waste Responding to injuries, spills, fires, and other emergencies in the laboratory Click here to view the Laboatory Safety Powerpoint Presentation (note: viewing these slides does not count as training!)
- More Events
Office of Student and Alumni Affairs
259 Mack Avenue, Suite 1600
Detroit, MI 48201
If you have a questions, please call (313) 577-1716 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have an "Academic Services Officer of the Day" Monday - Friday who will answer calls and provide information to prospective and current students. The Academic Services Officer can answer or refer all general questions. We do not evaluate student transcripts or see student on a walk-in basis, though we are happy to answer all general questions.
Assistant Dean for Student and Alumni Affairs
Mary K. Clark, Ph.D.
Academic Services Officers
Moira Fracassa, MA
Michael Koltuniak, BS
Kaprice Williams, MA
Shauna Reevers, BA
ATTENTION High School Students!
An Information Meeting Just for YOU!
Click Here for more information