IRB eProtocol training session to be held at WSU Applebaum Oct. 2
Wayne State's IRB Administration Office is in the process of completing the next phase of electronic protocol (eProtocol) submission implementation. A training session for WSU Applebaum researchers will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in room 1341 of the college's building at 259 Mack Ave. Coffee and hot chocolate will be provided for attendees.
eProtocol is designed for submission, review, and tracking of research studies in a centralized environment. eProtocol includes a number of IRB submission enhancements and process changes.
- All IRB eProtocol users must complete required CITI training before submission including the Dean/Chair/Authorized signatory
- WSU Access ID & password is required
- All IRB eProtocol users must update their CITI profile to include their WSU Access ID
Currently, the IRB is accepting new/initial full board submissions (excluding VA) via eProtocol.
- Biomedical New Expedited & Exempt Submissions: New/initial expedited and exempt submissions are being accepted now. The last day for acceptance of paper submissions to the biomedical boards is September 30, 2019*.
- Social, Behavioral, & Education (SBE) New Expedited & Exempt Submissions: New/initial expedited and exempt eProtocol SBE submissions will be accepted beginning October 1, 2019. The last day for acceptance of SBE paper submissions is October 31, 2019*
Currently active protocols will continue to use paper submission forms available on the IRB Website (https://research.wayne.edu/irb) for detailed submission instructions.
If you would like to update your currently active IRB protocol to eProtocol, please contact Amanda Jointer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Please note: New VA submissions will continue to use the paper submission forms for full board, expedited, and exempt submissions for now.
For more information about this training session, please contact Associate Dean of Research Tim Stemmler at 313-577-5712 or Timothy.Stemmler@wayne.edu.