- Completion of all pre-professional courses by the end of the Winter semester before admission to the professional program
- Minimum 2.80 overall GPA as well as a minimum 2.8 in all science and non-science prerequisite coursework.
- You must earn a grade of "C" or better in all prerequisite coursework
- Minimum of 60 credit hours
- Equivalent pre-professional coursework taken at an accredited college or university is acceptable
Science Prerequisite Requirements - These requirements must have been taken within the last 6 years.
- BIO 1510 - Basic Life Mechanisms w/Lab (NSI)
- BIO 2870 - Anatomy & Physiology w/Lab
- BIO 3200 - Human Physiology+
- PHY 1020 - Conceptual Physics w/Lab (NSI)
- MAT 1800 - Elementary Functions (QE)
+BIO 3200 must be completed by December of the application year.
Non-Science Prerequisite Requirements
- ENG 1020 - Introductory College Writing (BC)
- ENG 3010 - Intermediate Writing (IC)
- PHI 1050 - Critical Thinking*
- PHI 2320 - Ethics (CI)
- COM 1010 - Oral Communication (OC)*
- CSC 1000 - Introduction to Computer Science
- PSY 1010 or 1020 - Introductory Psychology (NSI)
- PSY 2400 - Developmental Psychology
- STA 1020 - Elementary Statistics (QE)
University General Education/Degree Requirements
Note: Students who hold a previous bachelor's degree or who qualify under the university's MTA transfer policy (see www.transfercredit.wayne.edu) are exempt from completing the requirements listed below
Students who enrolled at Wayne State prior to Fall 2018 can choose to follow the general education program below or the previous requirements, posted in the bulletin.
- Civic Literacy (CIV)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Global Learning (GL)
- Social Inquiry (SI)
*Exams or coursework can be used to complete these requirements. Please contact the WSU Office of Testing & Evaluation at (313) 577-3400 for further information.