- Completion of all pre-professional courses by the end of the summer semester before admission to the professional program
- Minimum 2.50 overall GPA, as well as a minimum 2.0 science and non-science prerequisite cumulative GPA
- Completion of all pre-professional requirements with a grade of "C" or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of two clinical visits at affiliated radiation therapy facilities. If you are an out-of state applicant, please contact a member of the Radiation Therapy Technology faculty for options to accomodate your circumstances.
- Attendance at a College Information Meeting is strongly recommended, click here for more information. If you are an out-of state applicant, please contact a member of the Radiation Therapy Technology faculty for options to accomodate your circumstances.
- Equivalent pre-professional coursework taken at an accredited college or university is acceptable
- Non-native English speakers must submit valid TOEFL scores.
- ITP TOEFL only TOEFL version accepted and must request verbal portion (5.5 out of 6 required on verbal portion). Minimum score of 550 required. IBT not accepted.
- Have to have ITP TOEFL and TWE (both required). TWE 5.5.
- MELAB 85 + TWE 5.5.
- IELTS only if they take academic version and minimum score is 6.5
Science Prerequisite Requirements
- BIO 1500 - Basic Life Diversity
- BIO 1510 - Basic Life Mechanisms
- BIO 2870 - Anatomy and Physiology
- CHM 1020 - Survey of General Chemistry
- PHY 2130 & 2131 - General Physics I
- PHY 2140 & 2141 - General Physics II
- MAT 1800 - Elementary Functions
Math and science prerequisite coursework must be completed within six years of the time of admission to the professional program.
Non-science Prerequisite Requirements
- ENG 1020 or 1050 - Introduction to College Writing
- ENG 3010 - or any Intermediate Composition Class (IC)
- PS 1010 - Introduction to American Government
- COM 1010 - Basic Speech- course required
- Critical Thinking Competency*
- PSY 1010 or 1020 - Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 2300 - Psychology of Everyday Living (alternate courses PSY 2400 or 2410)
*Exams or coursework can be used to complete these requirements. Please contact the WSU Office of Testing & Evaluation at (313)577-3400 for further information.
Note: Students who hold a previous bachelor’s degree or who qualify under the university's MACRAO or MTA transfer policy (see www.transfercredit.wayne.edu) are exempt from completing the requirements listed below.
University General Education/Degree Requirements
- HS-Historical Studies
- VP-Visual and Performing Arts
- FC-Foreign Culture
- SS-Social Science
- PL-Philosophy and Letters
(one of the following can be taken during the first year in the professional program: HS, VP, FC, SS, PL)