A moratorium was approved starting June 2018. No new students will be admitted. This does not affect currently enrolled students.
- Completion of all pre-professional courses by the end of the summer semester before admission to the professional program
- Minimum 2.50 overall GPA, as well as a minimum 2.0 science and non-science prerequisite cumulative GPA
- Completion of all pre-professional requirements with a grade of "C" or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of two clinical visits at affiliated radiation therapy facilities. All clinical visits must be arranged by Radiation Therapy Technology faculty to satisfy program requirements.
- Attendance at a College Information Meeting is strongly recommended, click here for more information. If you are an out-of-state applicant, please contact a member of the Radiation Therapy Technology faculty for options to accommodate your circumstances.
- Equivalent pre-professional coursework taken at an accredited college or university is acceptable
- Non-native English speakers must submit valid TOEFL scores.
- ITP TOEFL only TOEFL version accepted and must request verbal portion (5.5 out of 6 required on verbal portion). Minimum score of 550 required. IBT not accepted.
- Have to have ITP TOEFL and TWE (both required). TWE 5.5.
- MELAB 85 + TWE 5.5.
- IELTS only if they take academic version and minimum score is 6.5
NOTE: As of the 2019 application cycle, the program will begin in the Spring/Summer semester (May) with an application deadline of November 30th. The requirements below apply to those applying for Spring/Summer 2019:
Science Prerequisite Requirements
- BIO 1500 - Basic Life Diversity & Lab
- BIO 1510 - Basic Life Mechanisms & Lab (NSIL)
- BIO 2870 - Anatomy & Physiology & Lab
- CHM 1020 - Survey of General Chemistry & Lab (NSIL)
- MAT 1800 - Elementary Functions (QE)
- PHY 2130 & 2131 - General Physics I & Lab (NSIL)
- PHY 2140 & 2141 - General Physics II & Lab
Math and science prerequisite coursework must be completed within six years of the time of admission to the professional program.
Non-science Prerequisite Requirements
- ENG 1020 - Introductory College Writing (BC)
- ENG 3010 - Intermediate Writing (IC)
- PSY 1010 or 1020 - Introductory Psychology (NSI)
- PSY 2300 - Psychology of Everyday Living (alternatives: PSY 2410 or PSY 2400)
- PS 1010 - American Government (SI or CIV)
- COM 1010 - Oral Communication (OC) (course required)
- PHI 1050 Critical Thinking*
*Exams or coursework can be used to complete these requirements. Please contact the WSU Office of Testing & Evaluation at (313) 577-3400 for further information.
Note: Students who hold a previous bachelor's degree or who qualify under the university's MTA transfer policy (see transfercredit.wayne.edu) are exempt from completing the requirements listed below.
Students who enrolled at Wayne State prior to Fall 2018 can choose to follow the general education program below or the previous requirements, http://bulletins.wayne.edu/archive.
University General Education/Degree Requirements
- Cultural Inquiry (CI)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Global Learning (GL)
- Social Inquiry (SI) or Civic Literacy (CIV), whichever not covered by PS1010 above.
- Wayne Experience (WE) *Likely satisfied by program curriculum. Check back for updates.