Doctor of Pharmacy - Link to Department
- Do I have what it takes to be a Pharmacist?
- Desire to be an expert in drug therapy
- Strong interest in science and math
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with computers
Why Wayne State University?
The Faculty of Pharmacy have developed a contemporary curriculum for the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program that allows interaction with patients and healthcare professionals throughout the four-year program. The Pharmacy program is located in one of the world's leading urban research universities with the reputation of training excellent healthcare professionals. Graduates of the Pharmacy professional program consistently score higher than the national and state averages on the NAPLEX (national licensing exam).
The WSU Pharmacy program is located in one of the world's leading urban research universities. We educate future pharmacists to be highly competent health care practitioners, who effectively and safely provide patient-centered care with other health care team members in diverse settings, to be leaders within the profession and to be lifelong learners. Click here to view a video about our Pharmacy program and hear from student pharmacists and faculty.
- Career Information
For guidance regarding a career in pharmacy, the following list of associations can provide you with further information:
- AACP (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy) (703) 739-2330
- APhA (American Pharmacists Association) (202) 628-4410
- ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists) (301) 657-3000
- NCPA (National Community Pharmacists Association) (703) 683-8200