Physician Assistant Studies - Link to Department
Master of Science
- The Role of a Physician Assistant in Healthcare:
- Practice medicine under the supervision of a physician
- The Physician Assistant practice is centered on patient care and may include educational, research and administrative activities.
- Provide a broad range of diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive and health maintenance services.
- Clinical roles of a Physician Assistant include primary and specialty care in medical and surgical practice settings.
Why Wayne State University?
The Physician Assistant Studies program is located in one of the world’s leading urban research universities with the reputation of training excellent healthcare professionals. The Physician Assistant Studies Program is dedicated to providing primary care services in urban and underserved areas in the State of Michigan. The program is designed to meet the needs and ever changing demands for qualified medical professionals.
For more information about a career as a physician assistant, the following associations that can provide you with further assistance:
Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants (MAPA)
1-877-YES-MAPA or www.michiganpa.org.
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
703-836-2272 or www.aapa.org.