Mortuary Science Program
Mortuary Science Program - Link to Department
Bachelor of Science in Mortuary Science
Do I have what it takes to be a Funeral Director?
- Desire and ability to comfort families in their time of grief and loss
- The ability to manage a funeral home business
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in sciences and technology
The Mortuary Science program will provide a graduate with:
- The background and knowledge of the funeral service profession
- Education and experience in every phase of funeral service needed to be successful
- The knowledge of the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large
- A sense of high standards of ethical conduct
- Opportunities for research in the field of funeral service
- Why Wayne State University?
- Located in a large metropolitan area, WSU provides unlimited opportunity for cultural growth and development. In addition to the full-time faculty, the program has instructional staff members who are selected from throughout the university and a core of experienced practitioners in the community. The program offers extensive opportunities to participate in clinical and practical training through affiliations with hospices and area funeral homes. The program is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, meets all requirements for licensure in the State of Michigan and meets or exceeds the licensure requirements of most other states and countries.
Michigan Funeral Directors Association
National Funeral Directors Association