Arun Iyer Ph.D.
313-577-5875 (office); 313-577-3220 (lab)
Room 3601 (office); Room 5320 (lab)
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Director, Use-inspired Biomaterials and Integrated Nano Delivery (U-BiND) Systems Laboratory
Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Molecular Therapeutics Program
Karmanos Cancer Institute
Degrees and Certifications
Ph.D. Polymer Chemistry/Advanced Drug Delivery Systems, School of Engineering, Sojo University, Japan (2008)
M.S. Polymer Science, University of Pune, India
B.S. Chemistry, University of Pune, India
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Cancer Radiology and Molecular Imaging, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, UCSF, San Francisco, CA (2008-2010)
Postdoctoral Research Associate in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (2008)
Positions and Employment
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track), Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (2014~)
Assistant Professor (Research), Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (2011-2013)
Associate Research Scientist, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (2010-2011)
Awards and Honors
- CRS T. Nagai Research Achievement Award, The Controlled Release Society (CRS), USA.
- Faculty Research Award, EACPHS, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA.
- SNM-Covidien Travel Award, The Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM), USA.
- Outstanding Oral Presentation Award, International Conference of Nanomedicine, Institute of Life Sciences, Orissa, India
- Outstanding Poster Award, Annual Pancreatic Cancer Meeting Retreat, UCSF Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- UCSF Graduate Division Travel Award, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Graduate Research Assistantship, Sojo University, Kumamoto, Japan.
- Biodynamics Research Fellowship, Biodynamics Research Foundation, Kumamoto, Japan.
- 2017 External Grant Reviewer, The National Science Centre, Poland
- 2017 Special Topics Editor, Frontiers in Pharmacology.
- 2017 Grant Reviewer, University of Missouri Research Board.
- 2016 External Grant Reviewer, Czech Science Foundation, Czech Republic
- 2014 External Grant Reviewer, Wellcome Trust (UK) - Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India)
- 2014 Member, Molecular Therapeutics Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
- 2013 External Grant Reviewer, Emilia-Romagna Regional Health Authority,Italy.
- 2012 Editorial Board Member, Journal of Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology.
- 2012 Editorial Board Member, Modern Chemistry and Applications.
- 2011 Expert Member, Nanoformulation & Nanosynthesis Working Group, NCIs Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer.
- Arun K. Iyer. Water Soluble Micellar Drug Delivery Agents. (U.S. Provisional Patent Application No.: 62/161.428, filing date May 14, 2015).
- Mansoor M. Amiji and Arun K. Iyer, Multifunctional self-assembling polymeric nanosystems, PCT/US2013/049114, WO/2014/008283.
- Mansoor M. Amiji andArun K. Iyer, Biodegradable polymeric buffers,PCT/US2013/049114, WO/2014/008283.
- Member, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
- Member, American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Member, Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM)
- Member, The Controlled Release Society (CRS)
- Member, Japanese Society of Drug Delivery System (DDS)
- Member, Society of Polymer Science, Japan (SPSJ)
- Member, Society of Polymer Science, India (SPSI)
- Member, Society of Molecular Imprinting, Sweden (SMI)
- Active R21 CA179652-01A1 04/01/2014-03/31/2017 NIH/NCI
Targeted Platinates/siRNA Combination Therapy for Resistant Lung Cancer Role: PI
- FRAP Grant (Faculty Research Award Program: 03/01/2017-02/28/2018)
Nanoparticle Mediated Delivery of Anti-MRSA Agents for Treating Bacterial Drug Resistance Role: PI
Areas of Expertise
Nanomedicine, Biomaterials, Polymer Chemistry and Formulation Development, Fabrication of Polymeric Micelles and Organic/Inorganic Nanoparticles, Synthesis of Dendrimers and Hyperbaranced Polymers for Drug and Gene Delivery, Micro and Nanoparticles for Cancer and Infectious Disease Targeting, Fabrication of Nanoparticles for Fluorescence, MR, SPECT and PET based Imaging.
- Duy Luong, Samaresh Sau, Prashant Kesharwani and Arun K. Iyer*. Polyvalent Folate-Dendrimer-Coated Iron Oxide Theranostic Nanoparticles for Simultaneous Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Precise Cancer Cell Targeting. Biomacromolecules (2017, accepted, in press)(*Corresponding Author).
- Prashant Sahu, Sushil K Kashaw, Sanyog Jain, Samaresh Sau, Arun K Iyer*. Assessment of penetration potential of pH responsive double walled biodegradable nanogels coated with eucalyptus oil for the controlled delivery of 5-fluorouracil: In vitro and ex vivo studies. Journal of Controlled Release. (2017 Accepted, available online)(*Corresponding author).
- Ketki Bhise, Sushil Kashaw, Samaresh Sau and Arun K. Iyer. Nanostructured Lipid Carriers Employing Polyphenols as Promising Anticancer Agents: Quality by Design (QbD) approach. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2017. (Accepted, In Press)(*Corresponding Author).
- Bapi Gorain, Muktika Tekade, Prashant Kesharwani, Arun K. Iyer, Kiran Kalia, Rakesh Kumar Tekade. The use of nanoscaffolds and dendrimers in tissue engineering. Drug Discovery Today, 2017. (Accepted, available online).
- Kaustubh Gawde; Prashant Kesharwani; Samaresh Sau; Fazlul H Sarkar, Subhash Padhye, Sushil K Kashaw, Arun K. Iyer*. Synthesis and Characterization of Folate Decorated Albumin Bio-conjugate Nanoparticles loaded with a Synthetic Curcumin Difluorinated Analogue. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2017 (Accepted, in press) *Corresponding Author.
- Samaresh Sau, Sujan Kumar Mondal, Sushil K. Kashaw, Arun K. Iyer*, Rajkumar Banerjee. Combination of Cationic Dexamethasone Derivative and STAT3 inhibitor (WP1066) for Aggressive Melanoma: A Strategy for Repurposing a Phase I Clinical Trial Drug. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2017. (Accepted, in press). (*Corresponding author).
- Hashem Alsaab, Rami Alzhrani, Prashant Kesharwani, Samaresh Sau, Sai HS. Boddu and Arun K. Iyer*. Folate Decorated Nanomicelles Loaded with a Potent Curcumin Analogue for Targeting Retinoblastoma. Pharmaceutics. Accepted April 2017. (*Corresponding Author).
- Samresh Sau and Arun Iyer. Immune Check Point Inhibitors for the Treatment of Cancers. Special Topic in Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2017.
- Rajkumar Patel, Madhumita Patel, Jeonghun Kwak, Arun K. Iyer, Rajshekhar Karpoormath, Jong Hak Kim. Polymeric microspheres: a delivery system for ostogenic differentiation. Polymers for Advanced Technologies. 2017. (Accepted, in press). (Impact factor: 1.832).
- Jennifer M. Wickens, Hashem O. Alsaab, Prashant Kesharwani, Ketki Bhise, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, Rakesh Kumar Tekade, Umesh Gupta and Arun K. Iyer*. Recent Advances in Hyaluronic Acid Decorated Nanocarriers for Targeted Cancer Therapy. Drug Discovery Today (2016) Accepted in press (*Corresponding Author).
- Muhammad Wahab Amjad, Prashant Kesharwani, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, and Arun K. Iyer.* Recent advances in the design, development, and targeting mechanisms of polymeric micelles for delivery of siRNA in cancer therapy. Progress in Polymer Science. 2016 (Accepted, Available online) (*Corresponding author).
- Samaresh Sau and Arun K. Iyer*. Antibody Drug Conjugates: A New Era in Personalized Medicine and Targeted Cancer Therapy. Annals of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics. (Accepted, in Press, 2017). (*Corresponding Author).
- Katyayani Tatiparti, Samaresh Sau, Sushil Kumar Kashaw, Arun K Iyer*. siRNA delivery strategies: A comprehensive review of the recent developments. Nanomaterials. Accepted in press (*Corresponding Author).
- Ashok Kumar Sharma, Avinash Gothwal, Prashant Kesharwani, Hashem Alsaab, Arun K. Iyer*, Umesh Gupta. Dendrimer Nano-Architectures for Cancer Diagnosis and Anticancer Drug Delivery. Drug Discovery Today 2016, (Accepted, Available online) (*Corresponding author).
- Duy Luong, Prashant Kesharwani,Bryan Killinger, Anna Moszczynska, Fazlul Sarkar, Subhash Padhye, Arun K Rishi, Arun K. Iyer*. Solubility enhancement and targeted delivery of a potent anticancer flavonoid analogue to cancer cells using ligand decorated dendrimer nano-architectures. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2016 Accepted, In press (*Corresponding Author).
- Sushil K. Kashaw and Arun K.Iyer*. Biodegradable Topical Nanogels in the Treatment of Skin and Superficial Tumors. Global Journal of Nanomedicine. 1(2): GJO.MS.ID.555552 (2017). (*Corresponding Author).
- Mitali Mishra, Vikash K. Mishra, Varsha Kashaw, Arun K. Iyer, Sushil Kumar Kashaw. Comprehensive review on current strategies for antimalarial drug discovery. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 125:1300-1320 (2017).
- Katyayani Tatiparti, Kaustubh A. Gawde, Hashem Alasab, Samaresh Sau, Sushil Kumar Kashaw, Prashant Kesharwani, and Arun K. Iyer*. Pancreatic Cancer – The Role of Hypoxia. Scientific Pages of Pancreatic Cancer. (In press, 2017) (*Corresponding Author).
- Khen Eng Ng, MCIM Amim, Haliza Katas, Muhammad Wahab, Adeel M. Butt, Prashant Kesharwani, Arun K. Iyer. pH-Responsive Triblock Copolymeric Micelles Decorated with a Cell-Penetrating Peptide Provide Efficient Doxorubicin Delivery. Nanoscale Research Letters. (Accepted, In Press).
- Ashok Kumar Sharma, Avinash Gothwal, Prashant Kesharwani, Hashem Alsaab, Arun K Iyer* and Umesh Gupta*. Dendrimer Nano-Architectures for Cancer Diagnosis and Anticancer Drug Delivery. Drug Discovery Today (Accepted, In press, *Corresponding author).
- Ashay Jain, Atul Jain, Amit K. Jain, Neeraj Kumar Garg, Thakur Ragu Raj Singh, Arun K. Iyer, Prashant Kesharwani. Cationic Bovine Serum Albumin (CBA) conjugated Poly Lactic-co-Glycolic Acid (PLGA) nanoparticles for extended delivery of methotrexate into brain tumor. RSC Advances, 2016, Accepted (in Press).
- Duy Luong, Prashant Kesharwani, Rahul Deshmukh, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, Umesh Gupta, Khaled Greish, Arun K Iyer*. PEGylated PAMAM Dendrimers: Enhancing Efficacy and Mitigating Toxicity for Effective Anticancer Drug and Gene Delivery. Acta Biomaterilia (In press) 2016 (*corresponding author).
- A Mahor, SK Prajapati, A Verma, R Gupta, Arun K Iyer, Prashant Kesharwani. Moxifloxacin loaded gelatin nanoparticles for ocular delivery: Formulation and in-vitro, in-vivo evaluation. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2016, (483):132-138.
- Nitin Dwivedi, Jigna Shah, Vijay Mishra, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, Arun K. Iyer, Prashant Kesharwani. Dendrimer Mediated Approaches for Treatment of Brain Tumor. Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, 2016; 27(7) 557-580.
- Iliyas Khan, Avinash Gothwal, Ashok Kumar Sharma, Prashant Kesharwani, Lokesh Gupta, Arun Iyer and Umesh Gupta. PLGA nanoparticles and their versatile role in anticancer drug delivery. Critical Reviews in Therapeutic Drug Carrier Systems (Accepted, In press 2015)
- Muhammad Wahab Amjad, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, Haliza Katas, Adeel Masood Butt, Prashant Kesharwani, Arun K. Iyer. The in vivo anti-tumor activity of folate-conjugated cholic acid-polyethylenimine micelles for the co-delivery of doxorubicin and siRNA to colorectal adenocarcinomas. Molecular Pharmaceutics, (Accepted, In press 2015).
- Prashant Kesharwani, Sanjeev Banerjee, Subhash Padhye, Fazlul H. Sarkar,Arun K. Iyer*. Hyaluronic Engineered Nano-micelles loaded with 3, 4-difluorobenzylidene Curcumin for Targeted Killing of CD44+ Stem-Like Pancreatic Cancer Cells. Biomacromolecules 2015, 16:3042-3053 (*corresponding author).
- Prashant Kesharwani, Sanjeev Banerjee, Subhash Padhye, Fazlul H. Sarkar, Arun K. Iyer*. Parenterally administrable nano-micelles of 3, 4-difluorobenzylidene curcumin for treating pancreatic cancer. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2015; 132:138-145. (*corresponding author).
- Prashant Kesharwani, Sanjeev Banerjee, Umesh Gupta, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, Subhash Padhye, Fazlul H. Sarkar, Arun K. Iyer*. PAMAM Dendrimers as Promising Nanocarriers for RNAi Therapeutics. Materials Today. (2015, Available online, *corresponding author).
- Avinash Gothwal, Prashant Kesharwani, Umesh Gupta, Iliyas Khan, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin, Sanjeev Banerjee, Arun K. Iyer. Dendrimers as an Effective Nanocarrier in Cardiovascular Disease. Current Pharmaceutical Design, 2015, Vol. 21. 5.
- Prahsant Kesharwani and Arun K. Iyer*. Recent advances in dendrimer based nanovectors for tumor targeted drug and gene delivery.Drug Discovery Today 2015;20:536-547 (*Correspondign author).
- Prashant Kesharwani, Lingxiao Xie, Sanjeev Banerjee, Guangzhao Mao, Subhash Padhye, Fazlul H. Sarkar, Arun K. Iyer*. Hyaluronic acid conjugated polyamidoamine dendrimers for targeted delivery of 3, 4-difluorobenzylidene curcumin for CD44 overexpressing pancreatic cancer cells. Colloids and Surfaced B: Biointerfaces, 2015, 136: 413-423 (*corresponding author).
- Xiaoqian Yang,Arun K. Iyer, Amit Singh,Edwin Choy,Francis J. Hornicek, Mansoor M. Amiji,Zhenfeng Duan.MDR1siRNA Loaded Hyaluronic acid-Based CD44 Targeted Nanoparticle Systems Circumvent Paclitaxel ResistanceinOvarianCancer. Scientific Reports 2015;5: 8509.
- Linlin Zhang,Arun K. Iyer*,Xiaoqian Yang,Eisuke Kobayashi, Yuqi Gou, Henry Mankin,Francis J. Hornicek, Mansoor M. Amiji,Zhenfeng Duan. Polymeric Nanoparticle-based Delivery of micro RNA-1991-3p Inhibits Proliferation and Growht of Osteosarcoma Cells. International Journal of Nanomedicine 2015, 10:2913-2924 (*Equal 1st author).
- Xiaoqian Yang, Arun K. Iyer, Amit Singh, Lara Milane, Edwin Choy, Francis J. Hornicek, Mansoor M. Amiji,Zhenfeng Duan. Cluster of Differentiation 44 Targeted Hyaluronic Acid Based Nanoparticles for MDR1 siRNA Deliveryto Overcome Drug Resistance in Ovarian Cancer. Pharmaceutical Research 2015;32(6):2097-2109.
- Ashay Jain, Prashant Kesharwani, Neeraj Kumar Garg, Atul Jain, Pradip Nirbhavane, Sanjeev Banerjee,Arun K. Iyer, Mohd Cairul Iqbal Mohd Amin. Nano-constructed Carriers Loaded With Antioxidant: Boon For Cardiovascular System. Current Pharmaceutical Design 2015, Vol. 21.
- Arun K. Iyer, Zengfeng Duan and Mansoor M. Amiji. Nano-delivery Systems for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics in Drug Resistant Tumors. Molecular Pharmaceutics 2014;1(8):2511-2526.
- Arun K. Iyer, Amit Singh, Srinivas Ganta, and Mansoor Amiji. Role of integrated cancer nanomedicine in overcoming drug resistance. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2013;65(13-14):1784-802.
- Shardool Jain, Aatman S. Doshi, Arun K. Iyer, Mansoor M. Amiji. Multifunctional Nanoparticles for Targeting Inflammation and Cancer. Journal of Drug Targeting 2013;21(10):888-903.
- Shanthi Ganesh, Arun K. Iyer, David V. Morrissey, Mansoor M. Amiji. Evaluation of Pharmacokinetics, and Biodistribution of combination siRNA and cisplatin loaded HA nanosystems in cisplatin resistant tumor bearing mice. Journal of Controlled Release 2013;172(3):699-706.
- Shanthi Ganesh*, Arun K. Iyer*, David V. Morrissey, Mansoor M. Amiji. Hyaluronic Acid Based Self-Assembling Nanosystems for CD44 Target Mediated siRNA Delivery to Solid Tumors. Biomaterials 2013;34(13): 3489-502 (*Equal 1st Author).
- Shanthi Ganesh, Arun K. Iyer, Jan Weiler, David V. Morrissey, Mansoor M. Amiji. Combination of siRNA Directed Gene Silencing with Cisplatin Reverses Drug Resistance in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Molecular Therapy Nucleic Acids, 2013;2; e110.
- Eisuke Kobayashi, Arun K. Iyer, Francis J. Hornicek, Mansoor M. Amiji, and Zhenfeng Duan. Lipid Functionalized Dextran Nanosystems to Overcome Multidrug Resistance in Cancer: A pilot study. Clinincal Orthopeadic and Related Research 2013;471(3):915-25.
- Nicusor Iftimia, Arun K. Iyer, Daniel X. Hammer,Nyiom Lue, Mircea Mujat, Martha Pitman,and Mansoor Amiji.Fluorescence-guided Optical Coherence Tomography for Colon Cancer Screening: A Preliminary Mouse Study. Biomedical Optics Express 2012;3:178-191.
- Arun K. Iyer, Jiang He and Mansoor Amiji. Image-Guided Nanosystems for Targeted Delivery in Cancer Therapy. Current Medicinal Chemistry 2012;19(19):3230-3240.
- Arun K. Iyer, Xiaodong Zhu, Yang Su, Jinjin Feng, Xiaoju Zhang, Youngho Seo, Henry F. Vanbrocklin, Bin Liu and Jiang He. Novel human single chain antibody fragments that are rapidly internalizing effectively target epithelioid and sarcomatoid mesotheliomas. Cancer Research 2011;71(1):2428-2432.
- Arun K. Iyer, Yang Su, Jinjin Feng, Xiaoli Lan, Xiaodong Zhu, Yue Liu, Youngho Seo, Dongwei Gao, Henry F. VanBrocklin, V. Courtney Broaddus, Bin Liu and Jiang He. The effect of internalizing human single chain antibody fragment on liposome targeting to epithelioid and sarcomatoid mesothelioma. Biomaterials 2011;32(10):2605-2613.
- Sampath Abeylath, Srinivas Ganta, Arun K. Iyer and Mansoor Amiji. Combinatorial-Designed Multifunctional Nanosystems for Targeted Therapeutic Delivery. Accounts of Chemical Research 2011;44 (10), pp 1009–1017.
- Arun K. Iyer and Jiang He. Radiolabeled Oligonucleotides for Antisense Imaging. Current Organic Synthesis 2011;8(4):604-614.
- Michiro Susa*, Arun K Iyer*, Keinosuke Ryu, Edwin Choy, Francis J. Hornicek, Henry Mankin, Lara Milane, Mansoor M. Amiji, and Zhenfeng Duan. Inhibition of ABCB1 (MDR1) expression by SiRNA nanoparticulate delivery system to overcome drug resistance in osteosarcoma. PLoS ONE, 2010;5(5): e10764. (*equal first author)
- Jiang He, Yong Wang, Jinjin Feng, Xiaodong Zhu, Xiaoli Lan, Arun K. Iyer, Niu Zhang, Youngho Seo, Henry F. VanBrocklin, Bin Liu. Targeting prostate cancer cells in vivo using a rapidly internalizing novel human single chain antibody. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2010;51(3):427-432.
- Jun Fang, Takahiro Seki, Haibo Qin, Gahininath Y. Bharate, Arun K. Iyer, Hiroshi Maeda. Tissue Protective Effect of Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitor, Polymer Conjugate SMA-AHPP, on Hepatic Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. Experimental Biology and Medicine 2010;235(4):487-96.
- Jun Fang*, Arun K Iyer*, Hideaki Nakamura, Takahiro Seki, Khaled Greish and Hiroshi Maeda. SMA-copolymer conjugate of AHPP: a polymeric inhibitor of xanthine oxidase with potential antihypertensive effect, Journal of Controlled Release, 2009;135(3): 211-7. (*Equal 1st author).
- Michiro Susa, Arun K. Iyer, Keinosuke Ryu, Francis J. Hornicek, Henry Mankin, Mansoor M. Amiji, Zhenfeng Duan. Doxorubicin Loaded Polymeric Nanoparticulate Delivery System to Overcome Drug Resistance in Osteosarcoma. BMC Cancer, 2009;9:399.
- Jurstine Daruwalla, Khaled Greish, Cathy Malcontenti-Wilson, Vijayaragavan Muralidharan, Arun Iyer, Hiroshi Maeda and Chris Christophi. Styrene maleic acid-pirarubicin enhances tumor permeability and disrupts the microvasculature of colorectal liver metastases. Journal of Vascular Research 2009;46(3):218-28.
- Karoline V. Gleixner, Matthias Mayerhofer, Anja Vales, Alexander Gruze, Gregor Hörmann, Veronika Ferenc, Eva Lackner, Emir Hadzijusufovic, Michael Kneidinger, Arun K. Iyer, Maria-Theresa Krauth, Winfried F. Pickl, Brigitte Marian, Renate Panzer-Grünmayer, Christian Sillaber, Hiroshi Maeda, Christoph Zielinski, Peter Valent. Targeting of Hsp32 in solid tumors and leukemias: A novel approach to optimize anticancer therapy. Currernt Cancer Drug Targets 2009;9(5): 675-89.
- Emir Hadzijusufovic, Laura Rebuzzi, Karoline V. Gleixner, Veronika Ferenc, Rudin Kondo, Alexander Gruze, Michael Kneidinger, Maria-Theresa Krauth, Matthias Mayerhofer, Puchit Samorapoompichit, Khaled Greish, Arun K. Iyer, Winfried F. Pickl, Hiroshi Maeda, Michael Willmann, Peter Valent. Targeting of heat shock protein 32 (Hsp32)/heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1) in canine mastocytoma cells is associated with reduced growth and induction of apoptosis. Experimental Hematology 2008;36(11):1461-70.
- Jun Fang, Dawei Deng, Hideaki Nakamura, Tereo Akuta, Qin Haibo, Arun K Iyer, Khaled Greish, Hiroshi Maeda. Oxystress inducing antitumor therapeutics via targeted delivery of PEG-conjugated d-amino acid oxidase. International Journal of Cancer 2008;122: 1135-1144.
- Arun K Iyer.Synthesis, characterization, chemical and biological evaluation of polymeric micells of styrene maleic acid copolymer with tumor targeting capability. PhD Thesis, March 2008.
- Jun Fang, Hideaki Nakamura and Arun K Iyer. Tumor-targeted induction of oxystress for cancer therapy. Journal of Drug Targeting 2007;15: 475-486.
- Jurstine Daruwalla, Khaled Greish, Mehrdad Nikfarjam, Ian Millar, Cathy Malcontenti-Wilson, Arun K Iyer, Chris Christophi. Evaluation of the effect of SMA- pirarubicin micelles on colorectal cancer liver metastases and of hyperbaric oxygen in CBA mice. Journal of Drug Targeting 2007;15: 487-495.
- Arun K Iyer, Khaled Greish, Takahiro Seki, Shoko Okazaki, Jun Fang, Keizo Takeshita& Hiroshi Maeda. Polymeric micelles of zinc protoporphyrin for tumor targeted delivery based on EPR effect and singlet oxygen generation. Journal of Drug Targeting 2007;15: 496-506.
- Arun K Iyer, Khaled Greish, Jun Fang, Ryoichi Murakami and Hiroshi Maeda. High Loading Nanosized micelles of Copoly(Styrene-Maleic Acid)-zinc protoporphyrin for the targeted delivery of a potent heme oxygenase inhibitor.Biomaterials 2007;28 (10): 1871-81.
- Arun K Iyer, Khaled Greish, Jun Fang and Hiroshi Maeda. Exploiting the enhanced permeability and retention effect for tumor targeting. Drug Discovery Today, 2006;11(17-18):812-818.
- Khaled Greish, Arun K. Iyer, Fang Jun and Maeda H. Enhanced permeability and retention (EPR) effect and tumor-selective delivery of anticancer drugs in delivery of protein and peptide drugs in cancer, Vladimir P. Torchilin eds., Imperial college press, London, 37-52 , 2006.
- Arun Iyer, Srinvas Ganta and Mansoor Amiji. Polymeric Nanoparticles as Target-Specific Delivery Systems, In Handbook of Materials for Nanomedicine, Torchilin V and Amiji M eds. Pan Stanford Series on Biomedical Nanotechnology, World Scientific Publishing Inc., November 2009.
- Srinvas Ganta, Arun Iyer and Mansoor Amiji, Multifunctional Stimuli-Responsive Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Small and Macromolecular Therapeutics. In Targeted Delivery of Small and Macromolecular Drugs,Mahato R. and Narang A. Eds. CRC press, May 2010.
- Arun K. Iyer, Shanthi Ganesh, Qionglin Zhou and Mansoor Amiji. Multifunctional Nanosystems for RNA Interference Therapy. In Biological Drug Products: Development and Strategies,Manmohan SighEds.,John Wiley 2013.
- Amit Singh, Arun K. Iyer, Srinivas Ganta, and Mansoor Amiji. Multifunctional Nano-Systems for Cancer TherapyInBiomaterials for Cancer Therapeutics: Diagnosis, Prevention and Therapy.Kinam Park and Laura Overend Eds,Woodhead Publishing Inc. 2013.
- Amit Singh, Arun K. Iyer and Mansoor M. Amiji. Polymeric Nanosystems for Integrated Image-Guided Therapy. In Frontiers of Nanobiomedical Research,Vladimir P. Torchilin Eds,World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte., Singapore ( in press).Lipa Shah, Arun K. Iyer, Mansoor M. Amiji. Image-Guided Targeted Delivery of Therapeutics to the Brain InTargeted Drug Delivery-Concepts and Design, Padma Devarajan and Sanyog Jain Eds, Springer publication, 2015.
- Arun K. Iyer*, Faryal Mir, Ganesan Venkatesan. Rational Design of Multifunctional Nanoparticles for Targeted Cancer Imaging and Therapy. In Genomics and Drug discovery, Nano in cancer: linking chemistry, biology, and clinical applications in vivo. Sakharkar Eds.,River Publishers, 2014 (Denmark) (*Corresponding Author).
- Arun K. Iyer, Shanthi Ganesh, and Mansoor M. Amiji. Polymeric Nano-Platforms for Tumor-Targeted Delivery of Nucleic Acid Therapies. In Nano-Oncologicals: NewTargeting And Delivery Approaches. María J. Alonso Eds. Controlled Release Society and Springer, 2014.
- Shanti Ganesh, Arun K. Iyer, and Mansoor M. Amiji. Combinatorial-Designed CD44-Targeted Hyaluronic Acid Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Drugs and siRNA in Resistant Tumors. In Update on Hyaluronic Acid for Biomedical Applications. Maurice Collins Eds.,Smiters-Rapra publishing, 2014.
- Vijay Misra, Prashant Kesharwani, Mohm Cairul Amin, Arun K. Iyer. Nanotechnology-Based Approaches for Targeting and Delivery of Drugs and Genes. Academic Press, March 1, 2017.
- Prashant Sahu, Debashree Das, Varsha Kashaw, Arun K. Iyer, Sushil K. Kashaw. Nanogels: A New Dawn in Antimicrobial Chemotherapy in Antimicrobial Nanoarchitectonics. Alexandru Grumezescu Eds. Elsevier B.V. (2017).
Research Connect link
Laboratory Web Site