Christopher Alan Giuliano PharmD, MPH
Associate Professor (Clinical)
EACPHS, Room 4143
Christopher Alan Giuliano PharmD, MPH
Degrees and Certifications
- Master of Public Health, Wayne State University
- 24-Month Accredited Specialty Residency in Pharmacotherapy Practice, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, Texas
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy, Toledo, Ohio
Positions and Employment
- Associate Professor (Clinical) of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Clinical Specialist – Internal Medicine, St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- American College of Cardiology
Areas of Expertise
- Internal medicine
- Health systems outcomes research
- Alawy H, Paxton RA, Giuliano CA. Patient controlled analgesia: The impact of an 8 versus 10-minute lockout interval in postoperative patients. J Perioper Pract. 2018. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed: 29589792.
- Giuliano CA, Binienda J, Kale-Pradhan PB, Fakih MG. "I Never Would Have Caught That Before": Pharmacist Perceptions of Using Clinical Decision Support for Antimicrobial Stewardship in the United States. Qual Health Res. 2018;28(5):745-755.
- Wesolek JL, McNorton K, Delgado G Jr., Giuliano CA. Effect of vancomycin initial dosing on time to systemic inflammatory response syndrome resolution in patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. J Chemother. 2018;30(2):101-106
- Masse J, Giuliano CA, Brown S, Paxton RA. Association Between the Use of Long-Acting Insulin and Hypoglycemia in Nondiabetic Patients in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. J Intensive Care Med. 2018;33(5):317-21.
- Brown SW, Tutag Lehr V, French N, Giuliano CA. Can a short video improve inhaler use in urban youth? J Ped Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 22(4):293-99.
- Giuliano C, Nofar T, Edwin SB. Can a Short Video Improve Apixaban Knowledge in an Inpatient Setting? Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2017; (42)4:256-260.
- McGonigal KH, Giuliano CA, Hurren J. Safety and Efficacy of a Pharmacist-Managed Patient-Controlled Analgesia Service in Postsurgical Patients. Pain Pract. 2017; 17(7): 859-65.
- Giuliano CA, Patel CR, Kale-Pradhan PB. Is the Combination of Piperacillin-Tazobactam and Vancomycin Associated with Development of Acute Kidney Injury? A Meta-analysis. Pharmacotherapy. 2016 Dec;36(12):1217-1228.
- Giuliano C, Gortney J, Binienda J. Predictors of performance on the pharmacy curriculum outcomes assessment. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2016; 8(2):148-52.
- Giuliano C, Moser L. “Flippin Lit” Evaluation of a flipped drug literature evaluation course. The American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2016:80(4):66.
- Giuliano C, Rybak MJ. Efficacy of triclosan as an antimicrobial hand soap and its potential impact on antimicrobial resistance: a focused review. Pharmacotherapy. 2015; 35(3):328-36.
- Brancaccio A, Giuliano C, McNorton K, Delgado G Jr. Impact of a phenytoin loading dose program in the emergency department. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2014; 71(21):1862-9.
- Alvarez CA, Giuliano C, Haase KK, Thompson KA, Frei CR, Forcade NA, Brouse SD, Mortensen EM, Bell T, Bedimo RJ, Toups NM, Hall RG. Empiric guideline-recommended weight based dosing in ICU patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. The American Journal of Medical Sciences. 2014; 348(5):371-6.
- Hall RG, Blaszczyk AT, Thompson KA, Brouse SD, Giuliano C, Frei CR, Forcade NA, Mortensen EM, Bell T, Bedimo RJ, Alvarez CA. Impact of empiric weight-based vancomycin dosing on nephrotoxicity and mortality in geriatric patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2014; 39(6):653-7.
- Giuliano C, Moser LR, Poremba V, Jones J, Martin E, Slaughter RL. Use of a unified learning style model in a pharmacy curricula. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2014; 6(1):41-57.
- Hall RG 2nd, Hazlewood KA, Brouse SD, Giuliano C, Haase KK, Frei CR, Forcade NA, Bell T, Bedimo RJ, Alvarez CA. Empiric guideline-recommended weight based dosing and nephrotoxicity rates in patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology. 2013;14:12.
- Giuliano C, Kale-Pradhan PB, Johsnson LB. Early response of ceftaroline in the treatment of soft tissue infections. Expert Reviews of Clinical Pharmacology. 2012; 5(5):509-512.
- Giuliano C, Wilhelm S, Kale-Pradhan P. Pharmacokinetic changes secondary to roux en Y gastric bypass. Advances in Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 2012; S1:1-6.
- Giuliano C. Edwin S, Kador H, Mooney M. Eptifibatide induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis. Journal of Pharmacy Technology. 2012;28:146-50
- Giuliano C, Smalligan R, Chua M. Role of dexamethasone in the prevention of migraine recurrence in the acute care setting: A review. Postgraduate Medicine. 2012;124(3):110-5.
- Giuliano C, Wilhelm S, Kale-Pradhan P. Are proton pump inhibitors associated with the development of community-acquired pneumonia? A meta-analysis. Expert Reviews of Clinical Pharmacology. 2012; 5(3):337-44.
- Hall RG 2nd, Giuliano C, Haase KK, Hazlewood KA, Frei CR, Forcade NA, Brouse SD, Bell T, Bedimo RJ, Alvarez CA. Empiric guideline-recommended weight-based vancomycin dosing and mortality in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012;12(1):104.
- Giuliano C, Kale-Pradhan P, Dehoorne-Smith M. Pancreatic enzymes digesting the changes. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2011; May;45(5):658-66.
- Giuliano C, Haase KK, Hall R. Use of vancomycin pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic properties in the treatment of MRSA infections. Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy. 2010; 8(1): 95-106.