Sheila M. Wilhelm Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS
Associate Professor (Clinical), CVS Patient Care Laboratory Coordinator
Sheila M. Wilhelm Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS
Degrees and Certifications
Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
ASHP Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency, MidMichigan Health, Midland MI
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Awards and Honors
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholar Faculty Mentor for Claudia Hanni, Pharm.D.; AACP Annual Meeting, July 2018, Boston, MA
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholar Faculty Mentor for Megan Kucemba, Pharm.D. Candidate 2018; AACP Annual Meeting, July 2017, Nashville TN
- Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (FCCP), October 2014, Austin, Texas
- Outstanding Student Poster Award in Clinical Sciences: WSU EACHPS Research Day, (Preceptor for: Anela Mihaescu), Detroit, MI, October 2014
- WSU EACPHS Excellence in Teaching Award, 2010
- The American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Best Resident/Fellow Poster Award (Preceptor for: Elizabeth A Petrovitch), Charlotte, NC. April 2010
- WSU School of Medicine Endocrine Unit Top Speakers (determined by student evaluations) 2009, 2010
- WSU EACPHS Roche Preceptor of the Year, 2008
- Harper University Hospital/Wayne State University Preceptor of the Year, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013
- University of Washington Outstanding Patient and Family Educator, 2002
American College of Clinical Pharmacists
- 2000-present, Member
- 2016-present, Faculty Presenter for: Gastrointestinal Disorders; Updates in Therapeutics: Pharmacotherapy Preparatory and Recertification Course
- 2012-2014, Mentoring Program – Invited Volunteer Mentor
- 2011-2015, Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Course Expert Reviewer: Gastrointestinal Chapter
- 2014, ACSAP Invited Chapter Reviewer: Content Expert for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- 2013, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Prep Course Expert Reviewer: Gastrointestinal Chapter
- 2010-2011, GI/Liver/Nutrition PRN Secretary and Treasurer
- 2009-2010, Educational Affairs Committee member, 2009-2010
- 2008-2014, Reviewer for Online Curriculum Vitae Review Service
- Educational Affairs Committee B member; 2007-2008
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 1998-present, Member
- 2010-2012, PharmPrep Gastroenterology Section Editor
- 2010-2017, Midyear Clinical Meeting Abstract Reviewer
- 2011, Midyear Clinical Meeting Program Proposal Reviewer
- 1999-2000, University of Michigan Student Liaison
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- 2004-present, Member
- 2009, WSU EACPHS AACP Delegate
- 2005, Academic Practice Partnership Initiative Summit to Advance Experiential Education in Pharmacy, Selected Participant
Michigan Pharmacists’ Association
- 1996-present, Member
- 2009-2012, Oakland County Pharmacists Association Board Member
- 2004-present, Michigan Society of Health System Pharmacists Member
- 2000-2002, MPA Professional Affairs Committee Member
Southeastern Michigan Society of Health System Pharmacists
- 2004-present, Member
- Programs Committee Chairperson, 2005-2007
Research Connect Link
- Wilhelm SM*, Love BL. Management of patients with inflammatory bowel disease: current and future treatments. Clinical Pharmacist 2017;3(9):83-92. doi: 10.1211/CP.2017.20202316
- Lipari M, Smith AL, Kale-Pradhan PB, Wilhelm SM*. Adherence to GOLD Guidelines in the Inpatient COPD Population. Journal of Pharmacy Practice 2017. E-pub ahead of print. doi: 10.1177/0897190017696949
- McConachie S, Wilhelm SM, Kale-Pradhan PB*. Biosimilars in Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Accumulating Clinical Evidence. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017;29:1-10. doi: 10.1080/17512433.2017.1283983.
- Kokoska LA, Wilhelm SM*, Garwood CL, Berlie HD. Aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes: A meta-analysis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2016;120:31-9. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2016.07.012.
- Wilhelm SM*. Report: Impact of inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Manag Care. 2016;22:S32-S38.
- McConachie SM, Wilhelm SM, Kale-Pradhan PB*. New direct-acting antivirals in hepatitis C therapy: a review of sofosbuvir, ledipasavir, dalcatasvir, simeprevir, paritaprevir, ombitasvir and dasabuvir. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 2016;9:287-302. doi: 10.1586/17512433.2016.1129272
- Kale-Pradhan PB*, Mariani NP, Wilhelm SM, Johnson LB. Meta-analysis: Vancomycin treatment failures for MRSA bacteremia based on MIC determined by E-test. J Pharmacy Technology 2016;32:65-70. [e-pub ahead of print] doi:10.1177/8755122515610125
- Kale-Pradhan PB, Mihaescu A, Wilhelm SM*. Fluoroquinolone sequential therapy for helicobacter pylori. Pharmacotherapy 2015;35:719-30. doi: 10.1002/phar.1614
- Salinitri FD, Wilhelm SM, Crabtree BL*. Facilitating facilitators: enhancing PBL through a structured facilitator development program. IJPBL 2015;9(1) doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/1541-5015.1509.
- Wilhelm SM*, McConachie SM. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. In Sutton SS, ed. NAPLEX Review Guide. 3rd ed. New York City: McGraw-Hill; (In Press).
- Kale-Pradhan PB*, Wilhelm SM. Pancreatitis. In Tisdale JE, Miller DA, eds. Drug Induced Diseases. 3rd ed. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. (In Press)
- Wilhelm SM*. Gastrointestinal Disorders. In: Burke J, Cauffield J, El-Ibiary S, et al., eds. Updates in Therapeutics®: Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, 2017 ed. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2017:2-175 – 2-258.
- Milisor VE, Wilhelm SM*. Nausea and vomiting. In Katz, Matthias, and Chisholm-Burns, eds. Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice Study Guide: A Case-Based Care Plan Approach. 4th ed. New York City: McGraw-Hill; 2017:87-90.
- Salinitri FD*, Crabtree BL, Wilhelm SM. A PBL training program for facilitators and students rooted in the constructivist philosophy. In Ruth Henderson, ed. Problem-Based Learning: Perspectives, Methods and Challenges. Chapter 4. New York: Nova Science Publishers; 2016. Available at: https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58387%7B5%7D10&osCsid=f1e91077b61fdcc18c849f461ccd381f
- Wilhelm SM*. Gastrointestinal Disorders. In: Dugan J, El-Ibirary S, Foote E.F. et al. Updates in Therapeutics: The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, 2016 Ed. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2016:2-213 – 2-296.
- Wilhelm SM*, Lipari M. Nausea and vomiting. In: Chisholm-Burns MA, Schwinghammer TL, Wells BG, Malone PM, Kolesar JM, DiPiro JT, eds. Pharmacotherapy Principles & Practice. 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2016.
- Wilhelm SM*. Targeted treatment options for opioid induced constipation: update for the pharmacist. Power-Pak C.E. Peer-Reviewed Continuing Education for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians. December 2016. http://www.powerpak.com/course/preamble/113894
- Wilhelm SM*, Grande D. Inflammatory bowel disease: a focus on biologics. The Rx Consultant. 2016;25(11):1-10.