Admission Cycle: May 1, 2016-September 1, 2016 for WSU PA Studies Class Beginning May 2017
Prior to applying to the WSU PA Studies program, we suggest that you attend a General Information Meeting held the first Tuesday evening of each month at 6:00pm in the PAS classroom, Room 2500, in the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Building to learn about the PA Studies program and have your questions addressed directly. Visit the General Information Meetings page to obtain more details. Meetings are held every month of the year for your convenience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution before the start of WSU PA Studies program in May
- 3.0 minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA
- 3.0 minimum prerequisite GPA
- GRE score: minimum of 285 combined verbal and quantitative, and a 3.5 analytical writing score (exam must be taken by July 31st and the score must be submitted by September 1)
- 500 hours of direct, hands-on patient-care experience by September 1 of the year prior to admission
- TOEFL score, if not having had completed four years of high school in the United States (exam must be taken by August 1st and the score received in PA office by September 1). This applies to all that have not fulfilled this requirement, even if having attained a university undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Completed and Verified CASPA application by September 1 (Application is available May 1-September 1, 2016)
- Completed online WSU Graduate Application, including submission of all required supplemental documents (The application will be available in May 2016 - apply for "Spring/Summer 2017")
- Successful completion of a personal interview
***All deadlines noted on this website must be abided by in order to be considered for admission to the WSU PA Studies program. Due to the highly competitive nature of admission to this program, successful completion of all admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Applicants often wonder about the admission characteristics of those that are admitted to the program. Here are the most recent admitted class averages:
WSU PA Studies Class of 2016
Admitted Student Averages:
- cGPA: 3.64
- pGPA 3.78
- GRE: 1684 (older version) no data yet on newer version
Health Care Hours: 2671
Gender: 12 male/ 36 female