Vision, mission, and strategic plan
To cultivate intellectual innovation and leadership and advance the practice and science of pharmacy, to transform health care and enhance the lives of people and communities.
- Our PharmD graduates are differentiated* and sought after because of their clinical skills and ability to provide interprofessional, evidenced-based care that ensures optimal health of the patient and of the public.*Qualitative differentiation: practice-ready, eager, willing to work, willing to do whatever it takes, prepared to work with diverse populations.
- Our research is internationally recognized for scientific and leadership contributions, and our trainees are highly sought after.
- Our education and research are recognized for the impact on metro Detroit's health care environment and diverse population.
- Our alumni and students are actively engaged with the College and satisfied with that relationship.
- Our recruits are the highest quality students annually to fill our programs and ensure we're meeting the growing health care needs.
- Our graduates are involved in innovative practices and research that advance science, improve patient care and expand the scope of practice.
- Our environment supports excellence in research.
The mission of the Wayne State University Pharmacy Program is to advance pharmacy education, practice, research, and public service, to improve health outcomes.
We will accomplish this by:
- Developing our graduates and pharmacy practitioners to practice at the top of their degree and lead the profession.
- Strengthening our research programs, and promoting the dissemination and application of scholarship.
- Strengthening and establishing key partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances.
- Attracting and retaining outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
- Supporting an infrastructure that optimizes operational efficiency.
- Creating a culture that promotes faculty and staff success, and fosters ongoing career development.
- Increasing the effectiveness of the Program by advancing internal and external awareness of the Program's strengths and unique attributes.
Transforming lives, communities, and the practice and science of pharmacy.
A new strategic plan for the PharmD program at Wayne State University was approved by the faculty on September 25, 2013.