WSU Applebaum professors highlight library's "Pick Your Poison" Nov. 4 panel
Wayne State University Shiffman Medical Library is hosting a U.S. National Library of Medicine Traveling Exhibition, Pick Your Poison: Intoxicating Pleasures & Medical Prescriptions, from Nov. 4 to Dec. 14, 2019. The exhibit – which explores the factors that have shaped the changing definitions of some of America's most potent drugs, from medical miracle to social menace – will kick off with a panel discussion on issues including the opioid crisis; effects of alcohol, marijuana and other drugs on driving performance; substance-induced public health; and intoxicant prescribing.
Panelists include WSU Applebaum professors Randall Commissaris and Insaf Mohammad. The event is free and open to the public, but registration is requested.
Date: Nov. 4, 2019
Time: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Location: Vera P. Shiffman Medical Library, 320 E Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201
- Randall Commissaris, PhD, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Insaf N. Mohammad, Pharm.D., BCACP, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Angela Jacques Tiura, PhD, Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences
- April Vallerand, PhD, RN, FAAN, College of Nursing
- Registration, 4-4:30 p.m.
- Opening Ceremony, 4:30-4:45 p.m
- Panel Presentation, 4:45-5:45 p.m
- Q&A, 5:45-6:00 p.m
- Light refreshments & Exhibition to follow Q&A