15th annual EACPHS Research Day student poster winners announced
The 15th annual Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences held its 15th annual Research Day on Wednesday, Nov. 7. Posters from students and faculty across the college were displayed in the Commons from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Following the keynote lecture by epigeneticist Randy Jirtle, awards were presented for student posters in four categories.
Health Care Sciences
- First place (accepted by Collin Elkins, pictured): Jaclyn Johnson, "Minimally-Invasive Muscle Embedding (MIME) — A Novel Tool To Test Rehabilitative Interventions for Muscle Regeneration"
- Runner up: Kelsey VanAmberg, "Age-related differences in grip strength and cognitive performance"
- First place: Nour Baalbaki, "Community-Based Survey for Shingles and Shingles Vaccines"
- Runner up: Limi Sharif, "Anxiogenic Effects of Acute THC Exposure on Fear Extinction"
- First place: Huong (Rachel) Nguyen, "Metformin scavenges methylglyoxal to form a product that improves endothelial cell function: potential novel mechanism of metformin action"
- Runner up: Ketki Bhise, "Lipid Formulations for Combination of Antibiotics in Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infection: A Promising Approach"
- First place: Hilary Marusak, "Effects of early threat exposure and threat-related symptomology on fear extinction neural circuitry in children"
- Runner up: Sarah Jorgensen, "Sequential Intravenous-to-Oral Therapy for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Bacteremia: One Step Closer"
Abstracts of the winners and all research presented is available in the 2018 Research Day Abstract Book.Return to news