CLS students speed-network with alumni at Tierney House event
On Tuesday, Nov. 19, clinical laboratory science seniors enjoyed lunch and conversation with program alumni. The speed-networking event was held in Wayne State’s historic Tierney Alumni House on Woodward Avenue in Detroit.
The 22 CLS students broke into groups and each spent 10-15 minutes rotating in conversation with five alumni, who discussed their career paths, shared stories and advice, and answered students’ questions about life after Wayne State.
Participating alumni were:
- Tina Anchor ’80, ’91, Director Non-Metro Region Laboratories, Promedica Health System
- Keith Fusinski ’02, ’08, Toxicologist United States Environmental Protection Agency
- James Horlocker ’87, Customer Experience Sales Manager Abbott Laboratories (Diagnostic Division - ADD)
- Samyah Mogalli ’10, Director of Hospital Operations Detroit Medical Center
- Travis Reeder ’05, Director of Laboratory Operations at Strata Oncology
"Students appreciated learning about the varied career trajectories alumni have taken, as well as career options beyond the lab," said Alumni and Donor Relations Officer Jacqueline Martin, who organized the event.
Alumni and friends who would like to participate in future events with Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences students should contact Jacqueline Martin at 313-993-6624 or email@example.com.